Cadillac Escalade sales decreased 11 percent to 6,393 units in the fourth quarter of 2018. The decrease is not welcome news considering current market trends strongly favor crossovers, SUVs and pickups over sedans. So in what could be a way to boost sales volume in the highly-competitive and highly-lucrative full-size luxury SUV segment, a new Cadillac discount reduces the price of select Escalade models by as much as $12,000.
Nationwide Cadillac discounts on the Escalade for January 2019 are as follows:
- 2018 Escalade finance incentive: 0 percent APR when financing with GM Financial
- 2018 Escalade purchase incentive: $10,000 purchase allowance + $2,000 when financing through GM Financial, for a total discount of $12,000
- Applies only to Premium Luxury and Platinum models
- 2019 Escalade finance incentive: $1,500 toward the purchase of a new model when financing through GM Financial
- 2019 Escalade lease incentive: $2,500 toward the lease of a new Escalade
For reference, here are the 2018 and 2019 Escalade trim levels and their corresponding starting MSRPs:
2018 Cadillac Escalade:
- Standard – $75,990
- Luxury – $81,590
- Premium Luxury – $85,990
- Platinum – $95,090
2019 Cadillac Escalade ESV:
- Standard – $76,490
- Luxury – $82,090
- Premium Luxury – $86,490
- Platinum – $95,590
Applied to a 2018 Escalade Premium Luxury model with a starting MSRP of $85,990, the $12,000 Cadillac discount brings the starting price of the range-topping SUV to just $73,990, making it more affordable than a Standard Escalade model of the same model year.
The GM Authority Take
The headline-making $12,000 incentive is likely a strategic tactic to fend off new rivals – including the well-received, all-new Lincoln Navigator – prior to the arrival of the future Cadillac Escalade, which is expected for the 2020 model year. See more on the 2020 Escalade.
- Must take delivery by January 31, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.