The defect: the Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) on affected vehicles may not have been turned off of the “manufacturing mode,” preventing the air bags from deploying in the event of a crash.
The hazards: if the airbags do not deploy in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Affected components: air bags.
Number of vehicles affected: 12 units (United States figure).
The fix: GM will notify owners, and dealers will reprogram the SDM module to the correct mode, free of charge.
Owners should: await notification from GM. Owners can also contact customer service with questions by using the following information.
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- Buick Customer Service: 1-800-521-7300
- GM Recall Number: 18365
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 18V774000