The defect: the passenger-side frontal airbag Sensing Diagnostic Module (SDM) on the affected vehicles may have been damaged during assembly, resulting in possible improper inflation during the event of a crash.
The hazards: if the airbags do not inflate properly in the event of a crash, it can increase the risk of injury.
Affected components: airbags.
Number of vehicles affected: 154 units (United States figure that does not include units in Canada or Mexico).
The fix: GM will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger side airbag module, free of charge.
Owners should: await notification from GM. Owners may also contact customer service with any questions by using the following information.
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- GM Recall Number: N182198820
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 18V868000