Chevrolet Malibu sales decreased 45.79 percent to 31,041 units in the third quarter, a drop that’s significantly greater than the overall the ongoing shift in consumer purchase dynamics that currently favors crossovers, SUVs and trucks. So in what could possibly be an effort to combat slumping sales, a new Chevrolet discount reduces the price of the Malibu by $3,250.
Nationwide Chevrolet discounts on the Malibu are as follows:
- 2018 Malibu Premier: $3,250 + Employee Discount when financing with GM Financial, resulting in a potential drop of $6,084 below MSRP
- This Chevrolet discount brings the starting price of the 2018 Malibu Premier sedan to $25,811, which is lower than the price of the mid-range LT model
- 2018 Malibu excluding L models: $2,500 customer cash + $750 when financing with GM Financial
- 2019 Malibu excluding L models: $1,500 customer cash
Notably, this Chevrolet discount restricts GM employee pricing to the 2018 Malibu Premier model. Meanwhile, the $3,250 discount is not applicable to 2018 Malibu L models, and the $1,500 discount is not applicable to 2019 Malibu L models.
- Must take delivery by January 2, 2019.
- See dealer for details.
- Incentive for the United States of America, unless otherwise specified.
- Some customers may not qualify for this offer.
- Offer not available with special finance, lease, and some other offers.
We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information about the vehicles and their incentives in question, but errors and misprints can happen. In addition, the manufacturer can change incentive information at any time and without notice. Always consult with your dealer regarding color availability information before making purchase decisions. GM Authority will not be held responsible for any misprints, typos or any other errors.
About ChevroletÂ Malibu
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is a mid-size sedan sold in most markets where Chevrolet has a business presence. It is currently Chevrolet'sÂ second-largest sedan,Â inÂ the U.S. and Canada, slotting above the subcompactÂ Chevrolet SonicÂ and compactÂ Chevrolet CruzeÂ but under the full-sizeÂ Chevrolet Impala.
For 2019 - the fourth model year of the ninth-gen modelÂ - the Malibu received a midcycleÂ enhancement, otherwise known as a facelift or refresh,Â that consists of revised exterior styling,Â a newÂ Malibu RSÂ trim level,Â aÂ CVT transmissionÂ for L, LS, LT and RS models, a new infotainmentÂ system, a new 8-inch reconfigurable driverÂ information center (DIC), LED headlamps on the Premier model, and variousÂ other new features.
The ChevroletÂ Malibu is producedÂ at the following GM plants:
- GM Fairfax plantÂ in Kansas City, Kansas, USA supplying the Americas
- GM Bupyeong plantÂ in South Korea supplying Eurasia
- Shanghai GMÂ Jinqiao North in China (GM China) supplying China
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM forums
- RunningÂ GM salesÂ results
- Chevrolet MalibuÂ information