For the most part, the 2019 Cadillac Escalade remains unchanged compared to the 2018 model. Cadillac did, however, introduce the new Escalade Sport Edition at the Los Angeles Auto Show that adds a little more oomph and stealth to the big-and-bad SUV with a blacked-out appearance.
With this latest edition, car enthusiasts will no longer have to turn to aftermarket parts to achieve that “murdered out” look. Upon its initial announcement, Cadillac provided only one photo for the Sport package. Luckily, we were able to snap some up-close and personal shots at the just-concluded Los Angeles Auto Show.
The 2019 Cadillac Escalade Sport adds the following unique features:
- Gloss black front (upper and lower) grilles
- Gloss black window moldings
- Gloss black body-side trim pieces
- “Midnight Silver” finish on 22-inch wheels
As with all Escalade models of the current generation, the Escalade Sport edition remains powered by GM’s 6.2L V8 L86 engine that produces 420 horsepower and 460 horsepower mated to the new GM 10-speed automatic transmission that sends power through rear- or all-wheel-drive. The combination enables the full-size SUV to sprint from 0 to 60 mph in just under 6 seconds. GM’s coveted Magnetic Ride Control is standard, ensuring a competent ride, that can be adjusted for sport or comfort.
Other 2019 Cadillac Escalade features and highlights that also apply to the Sport Edition include:
- 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Automatic Parking Assist
- Fold-flat second- and third-row seats with power-folding third row
- Heated and cooled front seats with heated second-row bucket seats
- Heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents
- 12.3-inch-diagonal instrument cluster display with high-resolution digital driver information center
- Bose Centerpoint audio system featuring 16 speakers
- Hands-free liftgate with Cadillac logo illumination
The new 2019 Cadillac Escalade Sport is offered on the Luxury, Premium Luxury, and Platinum trim levels. The package will be available to order in the first quarter of 2019. Pricing starts at $84,790, with the option to purchase this add-on package for $2,700.