This Chevy ad continues the bow tie brand’s “real people not actors” deal, but in what some might describe as a rather strange and awkward way.
In the spot, the host introduces various new, young couples to three crossover SUVs from Chevrolet’s vehicle lineup: the Trax, Equinox, and Traverse. The host provides a potential use case for each vehicle by using theoretical steps of a relationship as a scale:
- The Trax is “great for when you move in together”
- The Equinox is “perfect for when you two have your first kid”
- The Traverse is “…for when you have five kids, two dogs, and one cat”
As an aside, it’s really too bad the 2019 Blazer is missing. The new midsize crossover would have made a really good, fourth addition to the lineup… and we’re curious to know in what stage in a relationship Chevrolet would have placed it.
Nevertheless, the Chevy ad then concludes by informing the viewer of a current discount on the 2018 Trax, which includes 20 percent off MSRP when financing through GM Financial, which equates to nearly $6,000 on the model shown in the video.
Watch the 30-second clip yourself, then give us your thoughts on this installment of the “real people” Chevy ad.
More Resources And Information
- 2019 Chevrolet Equinox info:
- 2019 Chevrolet Traverse info:
- 2019 Chevrolet Trax info: