2019 Silverado Lights: A Guide To Which Models Have LEDs And Which Do Not7
With the introduction of the all-new 2019 Silverado, Chevrolet finally began to offer full LED lighting on its full-size pickup truck. Not all 2019 Silverado lights, however, are LED, with certain models getting less capable halogen units. Since it’s somewhat challenging to determine which models have LEDs and which do not, we at GM Authority have compiled a guide to make it easier to understand the 2019 Silverado lighting landscape.
2019 Silverado LED Lamp Design
2019 Silverado models equipped with LED lights have a much more modern, high-tech appearance, especially when compared to counterparts equipped with halogen headlamps. Models equipped with LED headlamps LED reflectors for the primary lights, along with LED turn signals and signature C-shaped DRLs. Out back, the taillights feature a new interpretation of Chevy’s signature LED design.
2019 Silverado Light Availability
Full LED lighting, which consists of LED headlamps, LED signature Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs), LED fog lamps, and LED signature taillamps, starts out on the 2019 Silverado RST and above, including the LT Trail Boss, LTZ and High Country.
Other (lesser) models do not get the full LED lighting treatment, instead seeing a varying mix of halogen lights up front and either incandescent lights or LEDs in the back.
|2019 Silverado Model||Headlamps||Taillamps||Full LED|
|Trim||Model Code||Halogen reflector with halogen Daytime Running Lamps||LED reflector with LED signature Daytime Running Lamps||High-Intensity LED reflector with LED signature curtain Daytime Running Lamps||Incandescent tail, stop and reverse lights||LED with signature taillamps||LED Headlights & Taillights|
|Custom Trail Boss||2CX||S||N/A||N/A||N/A||S||No|
|LT Trail Boss||1LT||N/A||S||N/A||N/A||S||Yes|
- S - Standard:
- N/A - Not Available:
For those who don’t like looking at tables, here’s a different kind of summary.
2019 Silverado Models Without Full LED Lighting
The following 2019 Silverado models do not have LED lights:
- Work Truck: halogen headlights and incandescent taillights
- Custom: halogen headlights and signature LED taillights
- Custom Trail Boss: halogen headlights and signature LED taillights
- LT: signature LED headlights and incandescent taillights
2019 Silverado Models With Full LED Lighting
The following 2019 Silverado models feature full-LED lighting:
- RST (Rally Sport Truck): signature LED headlights and signature LED taillights
- LT Trail Boss: signature LED headlights and signature LED taillights
- LTZ: signature LED headlights and signature LED taillights
- High Country: signature high-intensity LED headlights and signature LED taillights
More 2019 Silverado Info & Reporting
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado TrailBoss
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Silverado 1500 Pictures
- Silverado sales numbers
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
I actually prefer the look of the halogen headlight over the squinty eyed led headlights on these trucks. Wish I could get another interior color other than black.
I would have to agree, the sad reality even though I’m loyal to GM, RAM did not sacrifice quality or limit it’s choice of interior colors even within the 2019 base model 1500, I guess we can’t take our frustration on the overall result of the Silverado for coming up short on this area, but the overall designers who are not going beyond the comfort zone to do more than what we can almost always predict when a new truck surfaces, they have to do better because Ford has watched, they have made an assessment of what the new Silverado has become and they know exactly what to come up with for their 2020/2021 model, it’s going to get ugly, the Silverado refresh will even have to improve on a bigger Touchscreen feature, RAM has knocked the ball out of the park with that feature alone and has impressed a lot of loyal and potential customers with it.
we just received our first new ’19 Silverado this morning.
Chevrolet did a great job neutering the Silverado with the new body style. LTZ’s look like base model WT’s with fancy wheels.
Cheap looking tailgate, no body side chrome, no white stitching on the leather interior.
The back-up (reverse) lamps on the 2019 Silverado High Country are Incandescent.
We just bought a 2019 Silverado LT 1500. What happens if I swap the incandescent tail lamps with LED’s? Will everyhting still work? I tried that on a 2003 Tahoe and a bunch of things didn’t work anymore , IE: cruise control.
i put them on my 2020 lt works fine just needed to change the harness..and will need to add resters
I don’t get these packages and the person that is designing these trucks most have a loose screw,how do you put high intensity head lights which are great and regular tailights in the back? Really along with other things that use to be standard on the lt z71 package like,lights behind sun visors and your sunglasses pocket,things that some people like no longer there,great job gym!