Feast your eyes on the very first real-world photos of the 2019 Silverado High Country as the range-topping truck took to the paved (and un-paved) roads of Wyoming during the media drive last week, attended by GM Authority.
Specifically, the three 2019 Silverado High Country models seen here are coated in Summit White, Silver Ice Metallic and Black (for the model towing the trailer).
The 2019 Silverado High Country is the highest trim level of the all-new Silverado 1500 and is highlighted by the following features:
- An exclusive front grille design with two-tone chrome and bronze finish
- Body-color accents (such as bumpers and mirror caps)
- Chrome assist steps from wheel to wheel (which can be upgraded to the power-retractable and rearward articulating steps)
- Power up/down tailgate as standard equipment
- Dual exhaust outlets integrated with the rear bumper
- 20-inch painted aluminum wheels with machined face and Light Argent pockets (RPO Code NZJ)
- Plus a bevy of standard features that are either optional or simply not available on other trims
The interior of this model is finished in Jet Black with wood accents. All 2019 Silverado High Country models feature leather-appointed seating. The rear seat includes a full-width bench with seatback storage on the left and right sides, a center fold out armrest with two cupholders and under-seat storage that runs the full cab width. The under-seat storage is accessible by lifting/folding the 60/40 folding bench seat.
Under the hood is the standard 5.3L V8 L84 engine making 355 horsepower and 383 pound-feet of torque. The motor is part of the second-generation EcoTec3 engine family and features Dynamic Fuel Management technology, which enables the engine to operate in 17 different patterns between 2 and 8 cylinders, depending on demand, to optimize power delivery and efficiency. It is paired with the enhanced 8-speed automatic transmission (RPO code MQE) that includes overdrive, tow/haul mode, Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking. The powertrain also includes the G80 heavy-duty locking differential when the Z82 Trailer Package is ordered.
The 6.2L V8 L87 engine with Dynamic Fuel Management tech is optional. Making 420 horsepower and 460 pound-feet of torque, the motor is mated to the new 10-speed automatic transmission (RPO code MQB) with overdrive, tow/haul mode, Cruise Grade Braking and Powertrain Grade Braking.
Enjoy the photo gallery, and tell us how you like the flagship model of the new Silverado in the comments.
More 2019 Silverado Info & Reporting
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 (Last-Gen K2 Platform)
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Colors
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Platform
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Powertrain
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Price
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specifications
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Specs
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado TrailBoss
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado Medium Duty Trucks
- 2019 Silverado 1500 Pictures
- Silverado sales numbers