We’ve already shared all kinds of pictures and images of the 2019 Cadillac XT4, but we have yet to see Cadillac’s newest crossover on the streets – which is exactly what we have here for you today.
Spotted by our friends at Cadillac Society as it was undergoing validation testing in metro Detroit, this XT4 is equipped in the Luxury trim level, which is the base equipment group for the XT4, and is proudly wearing the Red Horizon Tintcoat color (code GPJ).
The front end features a grille with bright accents and galvano surround as well as an all-black lower fascia insert. Had this been the XT4 Premium Luxury, then it would have had the same grille but with a silver insert on the lower front fascia. And if it had been the XT4 Sport, then it would feature a glossy black grille and equally glossy black lower fascia insert.
Two other features differentiate the base Luxury trim from the higher-end models:
- The side mirror does not have an integrated turn signal indicator, which is part of the optional Enhanced Visibility Package on Premium Luxury and Sport models. By contrast, the package is not available on base Luxury trim.
- Despite all XT4 models being included with LED headlights, the vertical light signature on the base Luxury trim ends about halfway through the light cluster. Located below the vertical light pipe is an incandescent turn signal. By contrast, the vertical light signature extends lower within the headlamp cluster while doing double-duty as an LED cornering lamp and a turn signal indicator on the Premium Luxury trim level (when equipped with the Technology Package) and on the Sport trim level (as standard).
The side profile features three elements specific to the base model XT4:
- The 18-inch, 10-spoke Bright Silver alloy wheels (RPO code PYV), which are available exclusively on the XT4 Luxury/base trim.
- The door body color door handles with Satin chrome accents, are exclusive to the XT4 Luxury/base. XT4 Premium Luxury models feature illuminated body-color door handles with a conspicuous cut-out for illumination, which is not present on the model seen here, while XT4 Sport models are equipped with body-colored door handles without either the Satin chrome accents or the cut-out for the illuminating feature.
- The lower bodyside appearance features the same all-black finish as the lower front and rear fascias. By comparison, Premium Luxury models feature a Medium Silver accent, while Sport models have a gloss black finish.
Other notable elements include the brushed aluminum window surround, which is standard on the Luxury and Premium Luxury models. XT4 Sport models swap the shiny bits for gloss black.
In addition, this model is equipped with longitudinal roof rails finished in brushed aluminum (RPO code V6K). These rails are optional on the Luxury/base trim, and opting for them also adds the dual panel glass power sunroof (RPO code C3U). Premium Luxury models include the roof rails standard, while Sport models include gloss black rails as standard.
The only feature that distinguishes this model as the (base)Luxury trim at the rear is the all-black lower rear fascia. Premium Luxury models are differentiated by a Medium Silver strip, while Sport models feature a gloss black lower rear fascia.
The Luxury and Premium Luxury models feature the LED taillamps seen here, while Sport models get LED rear lights with clear lenses. All models feature the hidden rear window wiper disguised beneath the roof-mounted spoiler.
More On Cadillac XT4
The 2019 XT4 will start at $35,790 (including destination) when it goes on sale this fall. The vehicle will be assembled at the GM Fairfax plant in Kansas City. Customers can now place their orders for Cadillac’s first-ever compact crossover SUV.
More information about the 2019 Cadillac XT4 is available at the following links:
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Pictures
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Order Guide
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Platform
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Powertrain
- 2019 Cadillac XT4 Specifications