Buick Cascada Sales - February 2018 - United StatesIn the United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 299 units in February 2018, a decrease of about 53 percent compared to 632 units sold in February 2017. The results represent the lowest ever February sales performance. By comparison, the model accounted for 202 deliveries in January 2018, 408 in December 2017, 312 deliveries in November, 350 in October, 284 in September, 364 units in August and 422 in July.
In the first two months of the year, Cascada sales decreased about 47 percent to 501 units.
|MODEL||FEB 2018 / FEB 2017||FEBRUARY 2018||FEBRUARY 2017||YTD 2018 / YTD 2017||YTD 2018||YTD 2017|
The GM Authority Take
Buick Cascada sales continue to fade, a circumstance that we attribute to the following factors:
- The age of the current model, particularly in the in-vehicle technology department.
- The potential saturation of the market for non-luxury convertibles, a segment that includes a redesigned Mazda MX-5 Miata, Fiat 124 Spider and Audi A3 Convertible
- The ongoing shift in consumer purchase patterns that favors CUVs and SUVs over other vehicle types like sedans, coupes and convertibles
Even so, the addition of the Cascada to the Buick lineup was meant to fill “white space” for Buick for the purpose of changing the brand’s perception and attracting new-to-brand customers. Figures released by Buick show that the Cascada has been successful in doing just that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue decreasing in the coming months as long as the crossover craze persists, Buick doesn’t offer significantly attractive incentives, or update it with new technologies.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for the 2016 model year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a variant of the GM Delta II platform shared with the Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For the 2018 model year, the Cascada gets three new exterior colors, two new convertible top colors and expanded availability of the Dark Effects Package.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Cascada February 2017 sales
- In the United States, there were 24 selling days in February 2017 and 24 selling days in February 2016
- In Canada, there were 24 selling days in February 2017 and 24 selling days in February 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives and offers
- Buick Cascada information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- FebruaryÂ 2018 GM salesÂ results
- U.S.Â GM February 2018 salesÂ results
- GMÂ Canada February 2018 salesÂ results
- GM China February 2018 salesÂ results
- Global February 2018 Cadillac salesÂ results