Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 34,764 units in December 2017, a decrease of 6.8 percent year-over-year.
December 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis for December, a practice that the brand began to implement at the end of 2016.
December 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales decreased in the United States and in Canada while increasing in China:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 28.6 percent or 6,142 units to 15,304 units:
- Retail sales decreased 16.3 percent or 2,774 units to 14,287 vehicles
- Fleet sales decreased 76.8 percent or 3,368 units to 1,017 vehicles
- Cadillac sales in China increased 28.5 percent to 17,217 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada decreased 37.6 percent to 841 units:
- Retail sales decreased 23.3 percent to 710 vehicles
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 24.7 percent to 1,402 units
Unlike in the first four months of 2017, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea or the Middle East, instead including sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item.
Sales Summary - December 2017 - Cadillac - Global
|Market||December 2017 / December 2016||December 2017||December 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
December 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
Cadillac says that it is continuing to focus on high-quality retail business in the United States while reducing exposure to fleet sales. That is witnessed in the brand’s massive 76.8 percent decrease in fleet sales in December.
In December, Cadillac’s U.S. average transaction prices set a new monthly record of $58,300.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to Cadillac December 2016 sales, except as noted
- In the United States, there were 26 selling days in December 2017 and 27 selling days in December 2016
- In Canada, there were 25 selling days in December 2017 and 27 selling days in December 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales, which are included in the R.O.W. column, are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- GM incentives and offers
- December 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM December 2017 sales results
- GM Canada December 2017 sales results
- Canada December 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada December 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada December 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada December 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China December 2017 sales results