Buick Cascada Sales - December 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Buick Cascada deliveries totaled 408 units in December 2017, a decrease of about 35 percent compared to 629 units sold in December 2016. The results compare to 312 deliveries in November, 350 in October, 284 in September, 364 units in August and 422 in July.
During the complete 2017 calendar year, Cascada sales decreased about 22 percent to 5,595 units.
|MODEL||DEC 2017 / DEC 2016||DECEMBER 2017||DECEMBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The GM Authority Take
Buick Cascada sales continue to fade, a circumstance that we attribute to the model showing its age (particularly in the in-vehicle technology department) while facing competition from the Audi A3 Convertible. What’s more, the ongoing shift in consumer purchase patterns that favors CUVs and SUVs over other vehicle types like sedans, coupes and convertibles can not be helping Cascada sales.
Even so, the Cascada was always meant as a vehicle to fill “white space” for Buick, enabling it to change the brand’s perception as well as to attract new-to-brand customers. Numbers released by GM show that the Cascada has been successful in doing just that, with nearly 70 percent of Cascada customers being new to GM.
We expect Cascada sales to continue steady or to decrease in the coming months as long as the crossover craze persists, and Buick doesn’t update the model with new technologies.
About Buick Cascada
The Buick Cascada is a compact convertible. The current, first-generation Cascada was introduced for the 2016 model year. Essentially a rebadged Opel/Vauxhall Cascada, the vehicle is based on a variant of the GM Delta II platform shared with the Opel Astra and first-generation Chevrolet Cruze, Chevrolet Volt and Opel Astra J.
For the 2018 model year, the Cascada gets three new exterior colors, two new convertible top colors and expanded availability of the Dark Effects Package.
About The Numbers
- All percent change figures compared to Buick Cascada December 2016 sales
- In the United States, there were 26 selling days in December 2017 and 27 selling days in December 2016
- In Canada, there were 25 selling days in December 2017 and 27 selling days in December 2016
Related News & Info
- GM news
- GM incentives and offers
- Buick Cascada information
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- DecemberÂ 2017 GM salesÂ results
- U.S.Â GM December 2017 salesÂ results
- GMÂ Canada December 2017 salesÂ results
- Canada December 2017Â Chevrolet salesÂ results
- Canada December 2017Â Cadillac salesÂ results
- Canada December 2017Â Buick salesÂ results
- Canada December 2017 GMCÂ salesÂ results
- GM China December 2017 salesÂ results
- Global December 2017 Cadillac salesÂ results