Chevrolet Caprice Sales - November 2017 - United StatesIn the United States, Chevrolet Caprice deliveries totaled 28 units in November 2017, a decrease of about 85 percent compared to 188 units sold in November 2016.
In the first eleven months of the year, Caprice sales decreased about 25 percent to 675 units.
|MODEL||NOV 2017 / NOV 2016||NOVEMBER 2017||NOVEMBER 2016||YTD 2017 / YTD 2016||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
The GM Authority Take
The now-discontinued Chevy Caprice lost out significantly to its primary rival – the Ford Police Interceptor Sedan, which is essentially a police-duty Ford Taurus. It is currently unclear how many police livery units of the Dodge Charger were sold during the month, as police-duty Charger sales are not broken out individually by Dodge parent company, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
Sales Numbers - Police Interceptor Sedans - November 2017 - USA
|MODEL||NOV 17 / NOV 16||NOVEMBER 17||NOVEMBER 16||YTD 17 / YTD 16||YTD 17||YTD 16|
|POLICE INTERCEPTOR SEDAN||-27.36%||616||848||-16.89%||7,319||8,806|
- Dodge Charger sales numbers include civilian model and police-duty model
About Chevrolet Caprice
For the North American market, the Caprice PPV was imported from the GM’s Holden division in Australia and sold exclusively to police fleets in the United States; it was not available in Canada or Mexico. However, the Caprice is available for purchase to civilians as a used vehicle once it has been decommissioned by police departments.
Production of the Caprice PPV ended on May 19th, with production of the Chevy SS ending soon after on May 25th, 2017 at the GM-Holden Elizabeth factory in Australia. Both vehicles ride on variants of the GM Zeta platform.
Related News & Info
Related Sales Reporting
- Running GM sales results
- November 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM November 2017 sales results
- GM Canada November 2017 sales results
- Canada November 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada November 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada November 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada November 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China November 2017 sales results
- Global November 2017 Cadillac sales results