The current, third-generation Chevrolet Silverado family has been a solid seller for The General, accounting for 600,544 deliveries in calendar year 2015 and 574,876 deliveries in 2016, both of which are the highest and second-highest sales volume years, respectively, for the nameplate in seven years. And while GM is hard at work on the all-new 2019 Chevy Silverado and the GM T1 platform that will underpin it, the 2018 Silverado 1500 is getting several updates, changes and new features that are similar to those seen on the Silverado HD.
On the outside, the 2018 Chevy Silverado replaces two exterior colors with two new ones:
- Siren Red Tintcoat
- Pepperdust Metallic
- Cajun Red Tintcoat
- Havana Metallic
The updates to the exterior are rounded out by new Z71 and 4×4 decals on the side of the pickup’s box. The lion’s share of the changes, however, are on the inside.
Most notably, the interior of the 2018 Silverado 1500 gets a whole bunch of new standard features, including:
- A standard 6-speaker audio system across all trim levels, replacing the 4-speaker system that was standard for the 2014-2017 Silverado 1500 models
- A standard Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system with 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen, AM/FM stereo with seek-and-scan and digital clock, as well as Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones (RPO code IOB) on the Work Truck models, replacing the AM/FM radio with 4.2-inch display on 2014-2017 Silverado 1500 models
- A standard Rear Vision Camera on all models; on the 2017 Silverado, it was available on the 1WT, 1LS and 1CX trims
- Addition of Tire Fill Alert to the Tire Pressure Monitoring system
In addition, the 110-volt power outlet becomes a free-flow option on the 1LS trim level. It was part of the LS Convenience Package for the 2017 Silverado 1500. That package is deleted for the 2018 model year.
Finally, OnStar and SiriusXM Satellite Radio are now included on the Silverado 1500 Custom Convenience Package, which is only available on the Silverado 1500 Custom (1CX) trim level also includes remote locking tailgate, remote keyless entry, color keyed carpeting with rubberized vinyl floor mats, and rear-window defogger.
And that does it for the changes to the 2018 Silverado 1500. Use the links below for further information on the truck.
The updates and changes described here are specific to the U.S. market and may be different for other markets.
Depending on configuration, the 2018 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is assembled in two GM factories in the U.S.:
More Information & Reporting
- Chevrolet Silverado sales numbers
- Chevrolet Silverado news
- Chevrolet Silverado info
- 2017 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Changes, Updates, New Features
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Lineup
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado Order Guide
- 2019 Chevrolet Silverado