So, you just placed an order for a new Chevy, Buick, GMC or Cadillac. You feel really excited, as you should… until you find out that it can be quite difficult (or nearly impossible) to track your GM vehicle order from manufacturing thru shipment and delivery. Luckily, we’ve got just the thing: the GM Authority Vehicle Tracking center.
Follow these five easy-peasy steps to track your order:
- If you don’t have one, create a free GM Authority account here
- Log in using your new account (by using the form on the right side of the page or in the top menu)
- Once logged in, head on over to our GM Order Tracking forum
- Scroll to the bottom of the GM Order Tracking forum to start a new thread, following these instructions:
- The title of your thread should be in the following format: Track Order [Order Number], where [Order Number] is your order number. For example, a new thread to track order number XYZ123 will have the following title: Track Order XYZ123
- In the body of the new thread, type the model year, make, model and trim level of your order. For instance, if you ordered a 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS, your thread will have the following body: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
- Click/tap “Submit” to start the new thread
- Important: if you do not follow these instructions, our system might not pick up your order.
- Our system will reply whenever there is a change in the status (event) of your order
- It might take our system 48 hours to pick up your order and begin providing updates. While you wait, check out the list of GM order event codes.
- Our vehicle order tracking system is currently in beta. If you run into any issues, please be patient and let us know about the issues here.
- GM Authority Vehicle Tracking is built by fans for fans; it does not aim to replace your dealer, but rather provides an alternative. Your dealer should be your primary point of contact about your vehicle and order