Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 27,406 units in March 2017, an increase of 22.1 percent year-over-year, marking the tenth consecutive month of double-digit percentage increases for the brand.
“For ten consecutive months now, Cadillac’s disciplined strategy and strong product substance have produced double-digit gains of global sales growth,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Average transaction prices in the U.S market continue to increase, and the XT5 luxury crossover continues to grow the business in one of the most competitive segments.”
In the first three months of 2017, global Cadillac sales have increased 28.6 percent to 78,649 units.
March 2017 Cadillac Sales By Model
Cadillac did not provide sales on a per-model basis in March. It did, however, state that sales in the midsize luxury crossover space (the Cadillac XT5) increased 65 percent in March and have increased 54.4 percent in the first three months of 2017. Since launching in mid-2016, the XT5 has quickly become one of the U.S. market’s best-selling luxury models.
March 2017 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in three global markets in March, including a sharp increase in China as well as growth in Canada and the Middle East. Meanwhile, sales volume fell in the United States fell slightly.
It is worth noting that, unlike in the first 10 months of 2016, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea; instead, it has bundled sales from those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item.
March 2017 Cadillac sales summary by market versus March 2016:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 1.5 percent to 12,861 units; retail sales were down 3.6 percent while fleet sales were up 14.2 percent
- Cadillac sales in China increased 63 percent to 12,369 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 28 percent to 1,212 units, representing the brand’s best March sales performance ever
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East increased 5.2 percent to 325 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 16.8 percent to 639 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - March 2017 - Global - By Market
|Market||March 2017 / March 2016||March 2017||March 2016||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2017||YTD 2016|
March 2017 Average Transaction Prices (ATPs)
According to the J.D. Power Information Network, the average U.S. transaction price for a new Cadillac in March rose to $54,268, thousands more than luxury competitors such as BMW, Audi and Lexus.
About The Figures
- All percent change figures compared to March 2016, except as noted
- In Canada, there were 27 selling days in March 2017 and 26 selling days in March 2016
- In the United States, there were 27 selling days in March 2017 and 27 selling days in March 2016
- Data is not adjusted for the difference in selling days
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- March 2017 GM sales results
- U.S. GM March 2017 sales results
- GM Canada March 2017 sales results
- Canada March 2017 Chevrolet sales results
- Canada March 2017 Cadillac sales results
- Canada March 2017 Buick sales results
- Canada March 2017 GMC sales results
- GM China March 2017 sales results