Global sales of new Cadillac vehicles totaled 37,310 units in December 2016, an increase of 15.5 percent year-over-year, marking the seventh consecutive month of double-digit percentage increases for the brand.
“It was a stunning year for Cadillac’s global growth in 2016,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Drawing more customers than any year in the past 30 is an excellent springboard for the robust product offensive from Cadillac in the coming years. While growing the business significantly and attracting a youthful and affluent demographic, we continue to elevate the aspirational character of the brand. We see this in a very rich model mix, with discerning customers opting for top models with very high specifications, driving up average transaction prices in the process.”
December 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
Unlike in the first 10 months of 2016, Cadillac did not provide sales by model in December. It did, however, provide the following sales figures:
- The all-new XT5 midsize crossover had its highest sales since launch. In fact, sales in the midsize luxury crossover category, the industry’s strongest segment grew 29.1 percent in December.
- Escalade sales rose 21.2 percent in December
- XTS sales increased 14.7 percent in December
December 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in its top three global markets in December, including the U.S., China and Canada. Sales in the Middle East and the Rest of the World decreased. It is worth noting that, unlike in the first 10 months of 2016, Cadillac did not provide individual sales figures for Mexico, Europe and South Korea, instead including sales for those markets in the single ROW (Rest of World) line item.
December 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus December 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 3.2 percent to 21,446 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 45.4 percent to 13,400 units, marking a record year for the brand in the market
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 23.1 percent to 1,347 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 15.2 percent to 448 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) decreased 1.8 percent to 669 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - December 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||December 2016 / December 2015||December 2016||December 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
Average Transaction Prices
Cadillac’s growth included a continuation in its trend of attaining higher brand prestige alongside volume growth. The brand’s average transaction price in the U.S. market reached the highest level ever: $53,796 per unit, according to the J.D. Power Information Network (PIN).
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- Running GM sales results
- December 2016 GM sales results