Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 30,849 units in November 2016, an increase of 32 percent year-over-year, marking the sixth consecutive month of double-digit percentage increases for the brand, the last five of which have topped 20 percent.
“Cadillac’s rising product substance is driving consistent global growth, not only in sales volume but also in terms of brand prestige,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Additionally, crossing the 100,000-unit threshold in China is an important achievement, as for the first time in our long history Cadillac has developed a second volume hub to support our stronghold in the U.S.”
November 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
Unlike in previous months, Cadillac did not provide sales by model in November. Instead, it only provided sales breakouts for individual markets.
November 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in five markets in November, including the U.S., China, Canada, and the Middle East. Unlike in previous months, sales for Mexico, Europe and South Korea were not broken out on a per-line basis, and were instead included in the ROW (Rest of World) line.
November 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus November 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 14.5 percent to 15,326 units, with sales to retail customers growing 17 percent
- In the U.S., Escalade sales grew 24 percent, achieving the best November since 2007, and the all-new XT5 crossover had its best month since its launch earlier this year.
- Cadillac sales in China increased 69.8 percent to 13,474 units
- The brand crossed the 100,000-unit mark in annual sales for the first time, setting a new record for calendar year sales. For the year to date, the brand has grown sales 46 percent in China.
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 3.4 percent to 1,097 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East increased 28.1 percent to 387 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) increased 3.6 percent to 565 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - November 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||November 2016 / November 2015||November 2016||November 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
Average Transaction Prices
Cadillac’s growth included a continuation in its trend of attaining higher brand prestige alongside volume growth. The brand’s average transaction price in the U.S. market reached the highest level ever: $53,690 per unit, according to the J.D. Power Information Network (PIN).
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- GM sales results