One of the shining stars at this year’s SEMA Show is the Camaro AutoX Concept. With a Shock Yellow finish it’ll grab the attention of any passerby, but it’s more than just a pretty color with sporty ground effects, it’s [supposedly] built to be a top autocross contender. Hence the name.
The Camaro AutoX Concept sees trickle-down performance parts from more capable models such as the 1LE and ZL1; it even uses a strut brace from the convertible models. Altogether the performance enhancements are as follows:
- Chevrolet Performance suspension lowering kit that includes stiffer springs and specifically tuned dampers, and lowers the ride height up to 0.75 inch (20mm)
- A concept “plus performance” handling kit that includes larger stabilizer bars and stiffer suspension links
- A concept strut tower brace that provides additional chassis stiffness
- Chevrolet Accessories 20-inch aluminum wheels wrapped in Goodyear 285/35R20 performance tires
- Chevrolet Performance front brake kit featuring six piston calipers and 370mm, two-piece slotted rotors
- Concept cold-air intake system and a calibration upgrade to the ECU for optimized performance across the RPM range, with the turbocharger generating up to 20 pounds of boost
- Six-speed manual transmission with a concept short-throw shifter for quicker gear shifts
- Chevrolet Performance exhaust system with a polished 4-inch outlet delivers a throatier exhaust note and reduces back-pressure by roughly 14 percent
- An Active Noise Cancellation calibration update is included for vehicles with the Bose stereo system
Click play to hear all about the Camaro AutoX Concept from the Camaro Marketing Manager, Todd Christiansen, and Director of Performance Parts and Variants, Mark Dickens.