The defect: the front brake calipers may have a torn or misaligned caliper piston seal which may allow brake fluid to leak.
The hazards: if there is a brake fluid leak, braking performance may be reduced, increasing the risk of a crash.
- 2017 Cadillac XT5 manufactured April 16, 2016 to May 9, 2016
- 2017 GMC Acadia manufactured April 19, 2016 to April 22, 2016
Number of vehicles affected: 1,844 vehicles (United States figure).
The fix: GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the front brake calipers, replacing the brake caliper assemblies, as necessary, free of charge.
Owners should: customers looking to find out if their vehicle is included in this GMC Acadia recall and Cadillac XT5 recall should visit recalls.gm.com. There, owners will be able to enter their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to see any open recalls as well as customer satisfaction programs. If the vehicle is part of the recall, then owners should take it to a GMC or Cadillac dealer.
Owners can also contact GMC customer service or Cadillac customer service with questions by using the following information.
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- Cadillac Customer Service: 1-800-458-8006
- GM Recall Number: 16096
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 16V802000