Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 30,061 new vehicles in September 2016, an increase of 22.2 percent year-over-year.
“Our results show Cadillac is earning growth through a disciplined strategy built on a foundation of product substance,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Both products launched this year continue to gain momentum, as we elevate all aspects of our business to a more premium position globally.”
September 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
On a model basis, sales of all Cadillac models currently in production — the ATS, CTS, XTS and Escalade — increased year-over-year. Cadillac’s two newest products — the 2017 Cadillac XT5 midsize crossover and 2016 Cadillac CT6 full-size prestige sedan — reached their highest sales since launch.
- Cadillac ATS sales increased 5.9 percent to 6,005 units
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 10.1 percent to 1,808 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 29.7 percent to 5,694 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 2,242 units, the highest since its introduction
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 93.3 percent to 636 units as remaining inventory of the discontinued midsize crossover sells out; the vehicle has been replaced with the new XT5
- Cadillac XT5 sales totaled 9,421 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 28.4 percent to 4,249 units
- Cadillac ELR sales decreased 83.8 percent to 6 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - September 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||September 2016 / September 2015||September 2016||September 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
September 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales rose in six markets in September, and decreased in two.
Gains were led by a 63.1 percent increase in China. In the United States, Cadillac sales increased 3.1 percent. In addition, Cadillac also saw substantial sales growth in Canada, Europe-Russia, the Middle East, and South Korea.
September 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus September 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 3.1 percent to 15,368 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 63.1 percent to 12,539 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 7.8 percent to 1,264 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East increased 7.8 percent to 374 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico decreased 8.8 percent to 146 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) increased 63.7 percent to 167 units
- Cadillac sales in South Korea increased 36.3 percent to 124 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW, or Rest of World) decreased 44.4 percent to 79 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - September 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||September 2016 / September 2015||September 2016||September 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||+63.7%||167||102||+36.9%||1,452||1,061|
Average Transaction Prices
In the U.S. market, Cadillac’s Average Transaction Prices (ATP) topped $53,000 per unit, according to J.D. Power Information Network as of September 25th.
The Cadillac CT6 full-size sedan establishes a new top of Cadillac’s sedan range. The vehicle is assembled in both Detroit and Shanghai.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European dealerships selling Cadillacs
Further Reading & Sales Reporting
- GM news
- GM sales results: