General Motors Mexico Sales Increase 18.3 Percent To 25,163 Units In July 20160
General Motors Mexico reported 25,163 vehicle sales in July 2016, an increase of 18.3 percent compared to the 21,272 vehicles sold in July 2015.
The results represent a market share of 18.7 percent in Mexico as well as the division’s best July sales performance in the history of General Motors Mexico.
During the first seven months of 2016, GM Mexico has reported sales of 159,733 units, up 16 percent over the 137,523 units sold in the first seven months of the previous year. The performance represents an 18.3 percent market share.
Highlights of individual model sales results for July 2016 are as follows:
- Chevrolet Spark Classic sales increased 148 percent
- Chevrolet Sonic sales increased 27 percent and Chevrolet Sonic Hatchback sales increased 672 percent
- Chevrolet Malibu sales increased 50 percent
- Chevrolet Camaro sales increased 73 percent
- Chevrolet Colorado sales increased 116 percent
- Chevrolet Silverado sales:
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500 sales increased 17 percent
- Chevrolet Silverado 3500 sales increased 14 percent
- Chevrolet Tahoe sales increased 63 percent in July
- Chevrolet Express Van sales increased 165 percent
- GMC Terrain sales increased 15 percent
- GMC Acadia sales increased 28 percent
- GMC Yukon sales increased 5 percent
- GMC Sierra sales increased 2 percent
- Cadillac CTS sales increased 20 percent
- Cadillac Escalade ESV sales increased 2 percent
Editor’s note: GM Mexico shares limited sales information late in the month, and does not release model-by-model sales results.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.