Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 24,769 units in July 2016, an increase of 21 percent year-over-year.
July 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
On a model basis, sales of the Cadillac ATS, XTS and Escalade increased year-over-year, while those of the CTS, along with the now-discontinued ELR and SRX decreased. The brand’s two all-new products — the 2017 Cadillac XT5 midsize crossover and 2016 Cadillac CT6 full-size prestige sedan — drove sales even further.
Globally, a whopping 8,130 units of the new XT5 were sold during its fourth month on the U.S. market and third month in most international markets. Additionally, 1,234 units of the new CT6 were delivered — the vehicle’s second-highest sales performance since its launch earlier this year. Escalade sales were up 1.9 percent.
July 2016 global Cadillac sales summary by model versus July 2015:
- Cadillac ATS sales increased 32 percent to 4,983 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 17.5 percent to 1,476 units
- Cadillac ELR sales decreased 77.9 percent to 15 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 12.9 percent to 3,189 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 1,234 units, its second-highest result since it was introduced earlier this year
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 73.5 percent to 2,287 units as remaining inventory sells out; the SRX is being replaced with the new XT5
- Cadillac XT5 sales totaled 8,130 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 1.9 percent to 3,455 units, which the brand attributes to an accelerated production rate
Sales Results - Cadillac - July 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||July 2016 / July 2015||July 2016||July 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
July 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac’s growth in July was fueled by increases in its three largest markets markets — the United States, China, and Canada. Sales were also up in Mexico and the combined EU and Russia market. The Middle East was the only market to see sales slide.
July 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus July 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 1.3 percent to 14,341 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 89.7 percent to 8,757 units; in the first seven months of the year, Cadillac sales are up 23.9 percent in the market
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 1.4 percent to 869 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 8.4 percent to 381 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico increased 20.4 percent to 165 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) increased 8.9 percent to 158 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) decreased 98 percent to 38.3 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - July 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||July 2016 / July 2015||July 2016||July 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||+9%||158||145||+35.8%||1,149||846|
Average Transaction Prices
In the U.S. market, Cadillac average transaction prices topped $53,000 per unit, according to J.D. Power Information Network, the highest among full-line luxury brands.
“Product substance forms the foundation of our disciplined approach to global expansion,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Elevating every aspect of the business is how we earn incremental volume growth while simultaneously building brand prestige.”
The first-ever Cadillac CT6, assembled in both Detroit and Shanghai, establishes a new top of Cadillac’s sedan range.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European Cadillac dealerships
- 2016 Cadillac model guide
- July 2016 GM U.S. sales results
- July 2016 GM Canada sales results
- July 2016 GM China sales results