Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 25,785 units in June 2016, an increase of 13.8 percent year-over-year.
June 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
On a model basis, sales of the Cadillac Escalade, XTS, and the now-discontinued ELR increased year-over-year, while those of the ATS, CTS, and the discontinued SRX decreased. The brand’s two all-new products — the 2017 Cadillac XT5 midsize crossover and 2016 Cadillac CT6 full-size prestige sedan — drove the sales even further.
Globally, 6,719 units of the XT5 were sold during its third month on the U.S. market and second month in most international markets. Additionally, 1,516 units of the CT6 were delivered — the vehicle’s highest sales since its launch earlier this year as a result of an acceleration in its production rate. Escalade sales jumped over 15 percent.
June 2016 global Cadillac sales summary by model versus June 2015:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 5.6 percent to 5,201 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 2.4 percent to 1,782 units
- Cadillac ELR sales increased 47.7 percent to 96 units
- Cadillac XTS sales increased 4.8 percent to 3,937 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 1,516 units, its highest since its introduction several months ago
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 65.1 percent to 2,918 units as remaining inventory sells out; the SRX is being replaced with the new XT5
- Cadillac XT5 sales totaled 6,719 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 15.4 percent to 3,616 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - June 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||June 2016 / June 2015||June 2016||June 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
June 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac’s growth in June was fueled by increases in its three largest markets markets — United States, China, and Canada. Sales decreased in the Middle East, Mexico, EU and Russia.
June 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus June 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States increased 5.5 percent to 14,263 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 33.7 percent to 9,552 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada increased 13.5 percent to 1,126 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 14.8 percent to 450 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico decreased 20.3 percent to 118 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) decreased 7 percent to 159 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) decreased 26.4 percent to 117 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - June 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||June 2016 / June 2015||June 2016||June 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||-7%||159||171||+41.4%||991||701|
Average Transaction Prices
In the U.S. market, Cadillac average transaction prices were $54,279, according to J.D. Power Information Network through June 12, the highest among full-line luxury brands.
“Earning higher transaction prices in the market indicates the rising stature of Cadillac in consumers’ minds,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Elevating all aspects of the business, driven by rising product substance, is our disciplined approach to global expansion. In doing so, we can truly earn incremental volume growth as we build brand prestige.”
The first-ever Cadillac CT6, assembled in both Detroit and Shanghai, establishes a new top of Cadillac’s sedan range.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European Cadillac dealerships
- 2016 Cadillac model guide
- June 2016 GM U.S. sales results
- June 2016 GM Canada sales results
- June 2016 GM China sales results