Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 22,237 units in May 2016, a decrease of 3.8 percent year-over-year.
Sales of all Cadillac models except the Escalade, XT5 and CT6 decreased year-over-year.
May 2016 Cadillac Sales By Model
Sales of all Cadillac models except for the new Escalade, XT5 and CT6 decreased year-over-year as deliveries of the XT5 and CT6 commenced en masse with customers.
Globally, more than 4,000 units of the 2017 XT5 were sold in its first full month of sale despite low initial inventories and a gradual production ramp-up. For the second consecutive month, deliveries of the outgoing SRX, which replaces the XT5, fell sharply as inventories of the prior model continued to sell out and initial shipments of the XT5 started to build in May.
May 2016 global Cadillac sales summary by model versus May 2015:
- Cadillac ATS sales decreased 20.1 percent to 4,444 units
- Cadillac CTS sales decreased 35.2 percent to 1,334 units
- Cadillac ELR sales decreased 61 percent to 46 units
- Cadillac XTS sales decreased 0.9 percent to 3,671 units
- Cadillac CT6 sales totaled 1,119 units
- Cadillac SRX sales decreased 53.4 percent to 3,914 units as remaining inventory sells out; the SRX is being replaced with the new XT5
- Cadillac XT5 sales totaled 4,266 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales increased 5.5 percent to 3,445 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - May 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||May 2016 / May 2015||May 2016||May 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
May 2016 Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales were up only in China — the world’s largest automotive market — and down in all other markets.
May 2016 Cadillac sales summary by market versus May 2015:
- Cadillac sales in the United States decreased 16 percent to 12,099 units
- Cadillac sales in China increased 30 percent to 8,568 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada decreased 24.7 percent to 909 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East decreased 34.5 percent to 310 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico decreased 44.9 percent to 76 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia (treated as a single market by Cadillac) decreased 16 percent to 142 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) increased 0.8 percent to 133 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - May 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||May 2016 / May 2015||May 2016||May 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||-16%||142||169||+57%||832||530|
Editor’s note: Cadillac’s model-line total for May 2016 is two units lower than the sum of the individual models. A similar event took place in Cadillac’s March 2016 sales results.
Average Transaction Prices
In the U.S. market, Cadillac average transaction prices were $54,131, according to J.D. Power Information Network through May 16. This is the highest among full-line luxury brands.
“Leading in transaction prices indicates the rising stature of Cadillac in consumers’ minds, and represents the manifestation of our continued strategy to prioritize the elevated position of the brand over volume,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Reinforcing the aspirational stature of our brand is a key ingredient as we pursue expansion of our global footprint.”
The first-ever Cadillac CT6, assembled in both Detroit and Shanghai, establishes a new top of Cadillac’s sedan range.
About The Figures
- China sales represent retail sales, rather than wholesales
- Europe sales are estimated and do not include Chevrolet Corvette and Chevrolet Camaro, which are offered in some European Cadillac dealerships
- 2016 Cadillac model guide
- May 2016 GM U.S. sales results
- May 2016 GM Canada sales results
- May 2016 GM China sales results