Chevrolet has unveiled the refresh to the 2017 Cobalt subcompact family sedan. Offered exclusively in developing South American markets, the Cobalt rides on GM’s Gamma II platform shared with the Chevrolet Sonic/Aveo, Onix and Prisma. Except for its name, this vehicles shares nothing with the Chevrolet Cobalt sold in North America.
Set to arrive to dealers this summer, the refreshed 2017 Chevy Cobalt brings with it a refreshed exterior design with new headlights, aligning it with Chevy’s most recent corporate design language.
The exterior design receives an updated front and rear fascias, new trunk lid and new headlights. On the inside, the door panels have been completely redesigned to for increased sophistication in the cabin and greater comfort, while the armrests get covered in a new “soft touch” material.
All models also get the new MyLink 2 infotainment system, which delivers a more modern and intuitive interface via a 7-inch color, high-resolution multi-touch display with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.
The 2017 Chevy Cobalt will be offered in three trim levels: LT, LTZ, LTZ AT. The LT and LTZ two are equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, while the LTZ AT features a 6-speed automatic. All models are powered by a 1.8L inline-four-cylinder engine making 106 horsepower.
The LTZ models deliver a healthy dose of exclusive features, including:
- Leather steering wheel with multifunction command
- Cruise control
- Automatic headlamps
- Parking sensors with rear vision camera
- Rain sensor for windshield wipers
- Fog lights
- On-board trip computer
- Central locking with remote and automatic locking at speed
- Air conditioning
- 60/40 split folding rear seat
- Adjustable seat height for the driver
- Tilt steering column
- Trunk lighting
- Internal opening trunk and fuel tank
- One-touch down front and rear electric windows
- Power adjustable and manual-folding exterior mirrors
- Power heated outside mirrors
- Upholstered imitation leather
- Chrome interior door handles
The Cobalt features a vast amount of interior space and a trunk measuring 563 liters (19.8 cubic feet), which is the largest in its class. It also provides a driving experience that puts the driver in control, while also being high on comfort.
Five exterior colors will be offered:
- Dark Grey
The Cobalt also features several standard safety features, including:
- Dual front airbags
- ABS with electronic brake distribution
- Adjustable front head restraints
- Body with deformation zones
- Collapsible steering column
- Third stop light
- Engine immobilizer
- Alarm system
- Height-adjustable, three-point front seat belts
- Three-point rear seat belts with central seat belt
- Front fog lamps
The Cobalt comes with a 2-year/100,000-kilometer (whichever comes first) warranty.