When Buick says the 2016 Buick Enclave Sport Touring Edition has been “inspired by customer loyalty”, it really means the Enclave has been so hugely successful, the brand is going to milk every last drop of the aged, Lambda-based crossover before its next-generation arrives.
Thus, the Enclave Sport Touring Edition is born. It joins the Encore, Regal and LaCrosse with Sport Touring cues. For the Enclave in particular, the exterior is done up with a satin-black, ice-toned grille and 20-inch chrome-clad wheels featuring similar satin-black, ice-toned inserts.
The Sport Touring edition may be had with either the Leather (1SL) trim or Premium (1SN) trim, with a choice of White Frost Tricoat, Crimson Red Metallic and Ebony Twilight Metallic from the color palette. Standard equipment with either trim includes:
- Heated, wood-trimmed steering wheel
- Ice-blue LED ambient lighting around the instrument panel
- Eight-way power front driver and passenger seats with power recline, lumbar support and driver memory
- Heated front seats on Leather appointed models and heated/ventilated seats on Premium models
- Power-tilting/telescoping steering column on Premium models
- Buick IntelliLink with color touchscreen radio
- 4G LTE connectivity and built-in Wi-Fi hotspot (three-month/three gigabyte data trial)
- Tri-zone automatic climate control
- High-intensity discharge headlamps
- Power liftgate
- Rear park assist and rear-vision camera system with dynamic guidelines
Buick will show the 2016 Enclave Sport Touring edition at the 2016 New York International Auto Show next week, where the brand will reveal an update to its best seller, the 2017 Buick Encore.