Global sales of Cadillac vehicles totaled 20,625 units in January 2016, a 2.2 percent increase on a year-over-year basis. GM’s prestige luxury automotive brand states that it is now entering a period of key product launches that are planned to further accelerate the sales and reinforce the rising stature of the brand.
Cadillac will launch the all-new 2016 CT6 full-size flagship sedan during the first quarter of 2016. It will be closely followed by the 2017 XT5 midsize luxury crossover, which will enter the luxury market’s strongest segment, by sales volume.
“Cadillac’s global expansion is building momentum, particularly now as we prepare to launch two all-new products,” said Cadillac President Johan de Nysschen. “Newcomers to the brand continue to express surprise and delight at the dramatically elevated product substance in the new generation of Cadillac products, resulting in them selecting well-equipped, high-end models. This drives up transaction prices, a powerful proof-point underscoring the rapidly rising prestige of the Cadillac brand.”
Cadillac Sales By Model
Sales of the ATS, CTS, ELR and Escalade were down, while those of the SRX and XTS were up.
January 2016 global sales summary by model (vs. January 2015, unless otherwise noted):
- Cadillac ATS sales fell 5.7 percent to 3,895 units
- Cadillac CTS sales fell 33.9 percent to 1,261 units
- Cadillac ELR sales fell 29.2 percent to 68 units
- Cadillac Escalade sales fell 22.9 percent to 2,492 units
- Cadillac SRX sales grew 24.1 percent to 7,876 units
- Cadillac XTS sales grew 12.8 percent to 5,033 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - January 2016 - Global - By Model
|Model||January 2016 / January 2015||January 2016||January 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
Cadillac Sales By Market
Cadillac sales were up in four markets, and down in two.
January 2016 global sales summary by market (vs. January 2015, unless otherwise noted):
- Cadillac sales in the United States fell 8 percent to 10,740 units
- Cadillac sales in China grew 16.2 percent to 8,337 units
- Cadillac sales in Canada grew 44.6 percent to 811 units
- Cadillac sales in the Middle East fell 27 percent to 289 units
- Cadillac sales in Mexico grew 21.2 percent to 177 units
- Cadillac sales in the EU and Russia grew 17.7 percent to 93 units
- Cadillac sales in all other regions (ROW) grew 32.8 percent to 178 units
Sales Results - Cadillac - January 2016 - Global - By Market
|Market||January 2016 / January 2015||January 2016||January 2015||YTD 2016 / YTD 2015||YTD 2016||YTD 2015|
|EU & Russia||+17.7%||93||79||+17.7%||93||79|
Average Transaction Prices
According the J.D. Power, the average transaction price of a new Cadillac topped $55,000 in the U.S. in January, the highest among full-line luxury brands.
Strong demand in the domestic market has driven inventories lower as the brand prepares to launch the CT6 and XT5 in the first quarter of 2016.