While we won’t have the “official” specifications for the 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV until 4 p.m. Eastern time, The Detroit Free Press has compiled what it has learned so far after spending some time driving the EV.
Below are preliminary specs for the 2017 Bolt EV, which Chevrolet is expected to announce during the official reveal:
- Nine hours to fully recharge on Level 2
- EPA-estimated range of 200 miles or more
- Available in late 2016
- Expected output of 150 horsepower
- 300 pound-feet of torque
- 0 to 60 MPH in seven seconds
- Top speed of more than 90 MPH
- DC fast charger will recharge car from 0 to 80% in 45 minutes
- Price still claimed to be less than $30,000 after the $7,500 tax credit
- 10.2-inch touchscreen
- Exterior structure is made of aluminum, carbon fiber and mineral magnesium
- Battery tucked under floor
- Seating for five
- Four USB ports, as well as the OnStar 4G LTE.