General Motors’ Chinese joint venture launched the 2016 Cadillac ATS-L compact sport-luxury sedan in China on October 12th, 2015. The extended-wheelbase, China-only ATS-L delivers more room in the rear seat along with several updates to the already-popular vehicle, including:
- All-new 8L45 eight-speed automatic transmission
- Start/stop system for the 2.0L Turbo I4 LTG engine
- OnStar 4G LTE and original onboard Wi-Fi (Car-Fi)
- Apple CarPlay compatibility
- New Cadillac Crest logo instead of the Wreath and Crest logo on the 2015 model
- New exterior color called Golden Grapefruit
The 2016 ATS-L’s modernly-styled exterior is offered in these five colors:
- White Magic
- Crystal Gray
- Golden Grapefruit
Inside, the 2016 ATS-L offers a choice of three color combinations, including:
- White Rice
The spacious and comfortable interior has high-grade leather and luxurious suede finishes with cut-and-sewn master craftsmanship and exquisite hand-wrapped double French stitching. Bose active noise cancelling technology supports a quiet interior while the second-generation Bose Centerpoint surround sound system provides a home theater experience.
The ATS-L Sedan is based on a stretched-wheelbase version of GM’s Alpha platform. For 2016, it is available in three trim levels priced from RMB 288,800 to RMB 428,800 ($45,536 to 67,588 USD). It is targeted at younger car buyers in China’s mainstream luxury sedan segment.