Cadillac Changes Spelling Of CTS Vsport To ‘CTS V-Sport’ For 2016 Model Year6
According to GM’s order guide, Cadillac has quietly changed the way it spells the name of the CTS Vsport sport-luxury sedan to CTS V-Sport, adding a dash between V and Sport while also capitalizing the latter.
Though not entirely earth-shattering or otherwise ground-breaking, the change does make it easier and cleaner to spell the name, and we expect to see the revised name be applied to the rumored Cadillac ATS V-Sport as well.
Slotting immediately below the balls-out CTS-V to compete with the BMW 550i, Mercedes-Benz E500, and Audi S6, the Cadillac CTS V-Sport is based on GM’s Alpha platform and is powered by GM’s 3.6-liter twin-turbo V6 LF3 engine making 420 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque to an eight-speed automatic transmission. The vehicle also features:
- 18-inch aluminum wheels (18 x 9.5 inch rear wheels) wrapped in Pirelli summer-only performance tires (275/35R18 rear wheels); 19-inch wheels wrapped in all-season tires are available
- A quicker steering ratio
- Brembo disc brakes with aluminum calipers and high-performance brake pads
- A heavy-duty track cooling package
- Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) suspension
- Driver-selectable track mode with specific steering rate and MRC calibrations for better track performance
- Electronic limited-slip differential that enhances capability on the track
Check out the 2016 Cadillac CTS updates and changes.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
“Spellnig”!!! Love it!
Reminds me of when I bought a pair of shoes in Vietnam, and on the inside was written “Mode in England”
good looking car
Not news… but I may get one of these used.. gets better power n milage than my dts
What of the XTS? It too has an LF3 powered sport carriage.
Yes, the XTS gets the same:
The CTS V-Sport is a really nice car…to bad its not available with AWD.