Cadillac July 2015 notes by market (vs. July 2014, unless otherwise noted):
- Sales in the United States declined 7.1 percent to 14,154 units
- Sales in China declined 17.1 percent to 4,831 units
- Sales in Canada declined 14.5 percent to 857 units
- Sales in Middle East declined 2.1 percent to 416 units
- Sales in Mexico increased 8.7 percent to 137 units
- Sales in EU and Russia increased 18.3 percent to 136 units
- Sales in the rest of the world grew 15.4 percent to 157 units
Despite recording lower overall volume in markets such as China, Cadillac did manage to increase sales of the ATS range, which is made up of the ATS Sedan, ATS-L Sedan and ATS Coupe, 1.3 percent to 4,342 units . These sales increases “are emblematic of Cadillac’s deliberate strategy to avoid low-quality business”, says the brand in a statement.
Meanwhile, the reduction in U.S. sales volume comes as a result of a continued and planned reduction in sales to fleets, which are less profitable than retail sales, as Average Transaction Prices (ATPs) reached all-time highs for July.
Going forward, Cadillac is continuing the expansion of its high-performance V-Series lineup. It started launching the first-ever 2016 ATS-V this summer and later this summer, it will begin shipping initial units of the 2016 CTS-V, the third generation of the high-performance vehicle, to dealers.
Sales Numbers - July 2015 - Global - Cadillac - By Market
|Market||July 2015 / July 2014||July 2015||July 2014||YTD 2015 / YTD 2014||YTD 2015||YTD 2014|
|EU & Russia||+18.3||136||115||-16.9||838||1,008|
More on Cadillac’s July 2015 sales results: