2016 Buick Encore Gets New Colors And Equipment Changes8
The Buick Encore has brought the Tri-Shield brand into a new segment while earning a respectable 48,892 sales in calendar year 2014. And for the 2016 model year, Buick is giving its smallest vehicle some updates and changes.
To start, the 2016 Buick Encore does away with two colors, adds three new ones, and renames three others:
- Cocoa Silver Metallic
- Satin Steel Gray Metallic
- Summit White
- Graphite Gray Metallic
- River Rock Metallic
- Ruby Red Metallic is now called Winterberry Red Metallic
- Brilliant Blue Metallic is now called Coastal Blue Metallic
- Deep Espresso Brown Metallic is now called Rosewood Metallic
In addition, the 2016 Buick Encore replaces 7-spoke 18-inch painted cast aluminum wheels with an Ultra-Bright aluminum set and the Experience Buick Package contains new content, including:
- The aforementioned 18″ chromed 7-spoke Ultra-Bright aluminum wheels
- AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo with navigation
- Tilt-sliding power moonroof
Here are the RPO-level changes:
- Exterior color (GYL) Cocoa Silver Metallic
- Exterior color (GYM) Satin Steel Gray Metallic
- (RN0) 18″ 7-spoke painted cast aluminum wheels
- Exterior color (GAZ) Summit White
- Exterior color (GK2) Graphite Gray Metallic (Additional charge – premium paint)
- Exterior color (GD7) River Rock Metallic (Additional charge – premium paint)
- (RDK) 18″ 7-spoke Ultra-Bright aluminum wheels
- Exterior color (GCS) Ruby Red Metallic is now called “Winterberry Red Metallic”
- Exterior color (GQM) Brilliant Blue Metallic is now called “Coastal Blue Metallic”
- Exterior color (GYO) Deep Espresso Brown Metallic is now called “Rosewood Metallic”
- (PCJ) Experience Buick Package contains new content. Package now includes: (RDK) 18″ chromed 7-spoke Ultra-Bright aluminum wheels, (UHQ) AM/FM/SiriusXM stereo with navigation and (CF5) tilt-sliding power moonroof
- (MH8)/(MHB) 6-speed automatic transmission RPO Codes replaced with (MNK) with (LUV) engine
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
But, still no power tailgate…
Better armrests and center storage. redo the center stack and put the infotainment in the dash not above it sticking up like a sore thumb and should have more get up and go added.
Does the unit on the BMW X1, MB GLA-Class, or Audi Q3 also “stick up like a sore thumb”? Because all of those are also above the dash.
Gotta agree with Chris. You wanna keep your head up as much as possible. More cars will move in this direction in the future. Safety fellas, safety.
I agree with the two comments noted above… this vehicle is getting very much behind in todays standard!
You think so?
What is the standard for this class, anyway? Given that there is pretty much no other SUV vehicles in this size class outside of the BMW X1, Mini Countyman, Benz GLA, and Audi Q3, the Encore seems to be holding up its own just fine, and Buick isn’t really vying for those anyway.
That said, would be great to see Buick increase the content in this car to own up to the “luxury” promise of the Buick brand.
It seems to me that all the big changes for 2016 are for Chevrolet and Cadillac. Both Buick and GMC have had to make do with BOLD changes like new colors or renamed colors or new RPO codes… Wow I’m overwhelmed!
It would be nice to return the Cocoa Metallic exterior, and Orange (like for Asian market ) here in USA. With the Saddle interior it looks great.
Second front armrest.
Self park and electric tailgate lift.