Having made its debut for the 2015 model year as an all-new model, the K2XX-platformed, fourth-generation Chevrolet Suburban has been quite the hot commodity, despite a noticeable price increase. And for the 2016 model year, the full-size, extended-length Suburban is getting some welcome changes and updates that mirror those of the 2016 Chevy Tahoe.
To start, the 2016 Chevy Suburban replaces two exterior colors with two new ones:
- Crystal Red Tintcoat
- White Diamond Tricoat
- Siren Red Tintcoat
- Iridescent Pearl Tricoat
Inside, the 2016 Chevy Suburban removes the integrated SD card reader in the center console as well as the AM/FM stereo with CD player, with the latter officially marking the end of an integrated CD player for the Suburban. Meanwhile, the large SUV gains the reconfigurable gauge cluster, head-up display (HUD), IntelliBeam headlamps, and Lane Keep Assist, which replaces Lane Departure Warning.
In addition, the 2016 Suburban gets the capless fuel fill system as standard equipment on all trim levels, the Theft Protection Package (UTT) adds the liftgate shield, and a revision to the Enhanced Driver Alert Package contains power-adjustable pedals, Forward Collision Alert, IntelliBeam headlamps, Lane Keep Assist and Safety Alert Seat.
Just like the 2016 Tahoe, the 2016 Chevy Suburban does not get GM’s new 8-speed transmission. It also doesn’t see GM’s 6.2L EcoTec3 L86 V8 engine or a diesel motor, even as options.
Here are the specific RPO-level changes:
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color is no longer available
- (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat exterior color is no longer available
- (IO3) AM/FM stereo with CD player audio system
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat exterior color
- (UHS) Re-configurable cluster (Multi-color enhanced graphic)
- (UV6) HUD (Head Up Display)
- (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist
- (PCW) Enhanced Driver Alert Package – Now includes (JF4) Power-adjustable pedals, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (UHX) Lane keep assist and safety alert seat
- (D07) Console, floor, with storage area-SD card reader has been removed from inside center console
- (IO5) Audio system replaces (IO3) Audio system as the standard radio for 1LS trim
- (U2M) SiriusXM Satellite Radio with HD has been replaced by two separate RPO Codes; (U2K) SiriusXM Satellite Radio and (U2L) HD Radio
- (UTT) Now also includes liftgate shield
- (UHX) Land keep assist, replaces (UFL) Lane departure warning
- All trims come standard with capless fuel fill