Having completely overhauled the Chevy Impala for the 2014 model year, putting the full-size sedan on the Super Epsilon platform. For the 2016 model year, Chevy is giving its full-size sedan some interesting changes and updates.
To start, the 2016 Chevy Impala loses loses six exterior colors, while gaining five new ones.
- Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color
- Red Rock Metallic exterior color
- Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color
- Ashen Gray Metallic exterior color
- Silver Topaz Metallic exterior color
- Champagne Silver Metallic exterior color
- Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost) (late availability)
- Citron Green Metallic exterior color
- Heather Gray Metallic exterior color
- Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color (late availability)
- Green Envy Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
Inside, the 2016 Impala loses the Jet Black/Brownstone interior color combination. Plus, the Leather Package, which featured sueded microfiber on the 2015 Impala, does away with the suede and features exclusively leather. On the mechanical side, the 2016 Impala swaps out the 2015 Impala’s 900 cold-cranking amps battery for an 800 cold-cranking amps unit. The move is somewhat puzzling to us.
In addition, the 2016 Impala adds adding wireless device charging to its equipment list, while the CD player is now part of the Technology Package, which is standard on the LTZ trim level. The 2016 Impala also features all kinds of other package-level changes.
As we wait for Chevy to roll the Impala out in China, we’re somewhat disappointed to not see all-wheel drive or the very well-received Impala Blackout package added to the lineup. Here’s to hoping that 2017 will be the year when that happens.
Check the official RPO-level changes for yourself just below.
- (G1F) Autumn Bronze Metallic exterior color
- (G7P) Red Rock Metallic exterior color
- (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat exterior color
- (GLJ) Ashen Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GWS) Silver Topaz Metallic exterior color
- (GWT) Champagne Silver Metallic exterior color
- (H0T) Jet Black/Brownstone interior
- (K3W) 900 cold-cranking amps battery
- (G1E) Siren Red Tintcoat exterior color (extra cost) (late availability)
- (GA1) Citron Green Metallic exterior color
- (GA6) Heather Gray Metallic exterior color
- (GB8) Mosaic Black Metallic exterior color (late availability)
- (GC8) Green Envy Metallic exterior color (extra cost)
- (K4C) Wireless Charging for devices
- (VQK) Front and rear splash guards, LPO
- (K4F) 800 cold-cranking amps battery
- Side Blind Zone Alert now includes Lane Change Alert and the RPO code is now (UKC)
- Package name changes:
- (PCN) LS Convenience to Protection Package
- (PCU) Advanced Safety to Driver Confidence Package
- (PCV) Premium Seating to Leather Package
- (PCX) Premium Audio and Sport Wheels to Technology Package
- (PCH) Comfort and Convenience to Enhanced Convenience Package
- (PCJ) Premium Audio to Advanced Technology Package
- (UE1) OnStar Directions and Connections plan for 6 months, changes to Guidance plan included for 6 months (trial excludes Hands-Free Calling minutes)
- CD player is now part of the (PCX) Technology Package, and standard on LTZ
- (PCV) Leather Package sueded microfiber changes to leather seating surfaces