To start, the 2016 Cadillac XTS does away with four exterior colors, including Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, White Diamond Tricot, and Black Diamond Tricoat; three new colors are added to the palette, including Red Passion Tintcoat, Crystal White Tricoat, and Stellar Black Metallic. All three are extra-charge colors not available at the start of production.
Since the XTS hasn’t received the new wreathe-less Cadillac badging yet, the 2016 XTS adds the Cadillac crest badging. Meanwhile, the Platinum Collection XTS gets a new grille design, with the sport grille standard across all XTS Collections except for Platinum.
Rounding out the changes to the 2016 Cadillac XTS are a bevy of technology updates. To start, 2016 XTS gains Surround Vision, Wireless (inductive) Charging, and updates to the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system that includes improved system speed and performance, faster and more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, and Bluetooth Media browsing. Oh, and the SD card slot is no longer part of the CUE system. In addition, the Driver Awareness Package now includes Surround Vision, the up-level 8-inch cluster features a new appearance, and the XTS Platinum features 22-way adjustability and massage feature as standard equipment.
Check the official RPO-level changes for the 2016 Cadillac XTS just below.
- Exterior color (G1F) Cocoa Bronze Metallic
- Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- Exterior color (GLK) Black Diamond Tricoat
- SD card slot removed from Cadillac CUE
- Exterior color (G1E) Red Passion Tintcoat (available at extra charge; not available at start of production)
- Exterior color (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat (available at extra charge; not available at start of production)
- Exterior color (GB8) Stellar Black Metallic (available at extra charge; no additional charge on Platinum or Platinum Vsport; not available at start of production)
- Cadillac crest badging
- (UVH) Surround Vision
- (K4C) Wireless Charging
- (VRV) Body color molded splash guards, LPO
- Cadillac CUE upgrades include improved system speed and performance, faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing
- Updated appearance on uplevel 8″ cluster
- (PCW) Driver Awareness Package now contains (UVH) Surround Vision
- (AQJ) Front bucket seats with 22-way adjustability and massage feature now standard on Platinum
- (GGC) Platinum Collection grille – new design
- (TL1) Sport grille now standard on all Collections except Platinum