One year after the release of the all-new, fourth-generation 2015 Cadillac Escalade and 2015 Escalade ESV, Cadillac is giving its 2016 Escalade and 2016 Escalade ESV several noteworthy changes and updates.
To start, the 2016 model year Escalade and Escalade ESV do away with two exterior colors — Crystal Red Tintcoat and White Diamond Tricoat. However, four new extra charge colors join the lineup, including Red Passion Tintcoat, Crystal White Tricoat, Gray Silk Metallic, and Dark Emerald Metallic. The latter two colors do not cost extra on the Platinum trim level, with the Emerald Metallic being a spring promotional color.
New features are plenty. To start, the 2016 Cadillac Escalade and 2016 Escalade ESV add Advanced Diagnostics service, which provides advanced warning of vehicle issues via a display in the Cadillac CUE screen, or by text or email message. In addition, the 2016 Escalade adds Lane Keep Assist as well as the rear seat, disc-based entertainment system as an LPO feature (do people still use DVDs?).
As with other 2016 model year Cadillacs, the 2016 Escalade features various improvements to the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system, including improved system speed and performance, faster and more accurate map loading and voice command execution, new navigation interfaces, Bluetooth media browsing, and the removal of the SD card slot. Completing the technology updates to the 2016 Escalade is the fact that the front camera view of the Surround Vision feature is now selectable via the Cadillac CUE screen, while the 12″ reconfigurable instrument panel cluster features changes to the Normal Black display, to the chrome rings around information display, and to the Balanced and Enhanced themes, while the Simple and Performance themes are eliminated from the system.
Check the official RPO-level changes:
- Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- Exterior color (GBN) White Diamond Tricoat
- SD card slot removed from Cadillac CUE and (D07)/(DCK) covered storage floor consoles
- (Y65) Driver Awareness Package (replaced by [Y86] Driver Awareness Package on Luxury Collection only)
- Exterior color (G1C) Gray Silk Metallic (available at extra charge; no additional charge on Platinum)
- Exterior color (G1E) Red Passion Tintcoat (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (G1W) Crystal White Tricoat (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (GC8) Dark Emerald Metallic (available at extra charge; no additional charge on Platinum. Spring promotional color)
- (VHM) Advanced Diagnostics (provides advanced warning of vehicle issues via a display in the Cadillac CUE screen, text or email message)
- (Y86) Driver Awareness Package, includes Safety Alert Seat, (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert and
- (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps (Luxury Collection only)
- (UHX) Lane Keep Assist
- (UJ5) Rear seat DVD entertainment system, dual independent, LPO
- Cadillac CUE upgrades include improved system speed and performance, faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing
- Lane Departure Warning RPO Code changes from (UFL) to no RPO Code
- Third row comfort guides become a service part
- (UVH) Surround Vision, front camera view selectable via Cadillac CUE screen
- (UDV) 12″ reconfigurable cluster changes to Normal Black display, chrome rings around information display, upgraded Balanced and Enhanced themes, eliminated Simple and Performance themes