Cadillac is giving the CTS Sedan many notable changes and updates for the 2016 model year.
On the outside, the Majestic Plum Metallic, Black Diamond Tricoat, and Opulent Blue Metallic colors are replaced with Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Moonstone Metallic, and Stellar Black Metallic — all of which are extra cost colors. Two new wheel designs replace two existing ones.
Inside, the 2016 Cadillac CTS does away with three interior colors, including Twilight Blue with Jet Black accents, Light Cashmere with Medium Cashmere accents, and Jet Black with Jet Black accents; they’re complemented by changes to the following color combinations: Light Platinum with Jet Black accents and Jet Black with Jet Black accents, both of which now include Sapele high-gloss wood trim.
On the powertrain side, the 2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan does away with the 3.6L V6 LFX engine, as well as the associated 6-speed automatic transmission and 3.45 ratio rear axle. In their place are the new 3.6L V6 LGX with Active Fuel Management and automatic start/stop plus an external engine oil cooler, 8-speed automatic transmission (when mated to the LGX and LTG motors) and a 2.85 rear axle ratio, respectively. Finally the turbocharged 2.0L I4 LTG motor gains auto stop/start.
On the technology side, the 2016 Cadillac CTS Sedan gains a plethora of updates to the Cadillac User Experience (CUE) infotainment system, including improved system speed and performance, faster redesigned navigation interfaces, and Bluetooth Media browsing, among other things. In addition, the SD Card slot is removed from the system. Meanwhile, the 12.3″ reconfigurable gauge cluster now includes a high-def cluster with black background and new graphics. The Rear Vision Camera is now standard across the CTS range. A remote-locking Fuel filler door is also added.
Check the official RPO-level changes:
- Interior color (H2B) Twilight Blue with Jet Black accents
- Interior color (H5Y) Light Cashmere with Medium Cashmere accents (Performance Collection)
- Interior color (HCL) Jet Black with Jet Black accents (Performance Collection)
- Exterior color (G7U) Majestic Plum Metallic
- Exterior color (GLK) Black Diamond Tricoat
- Exterior color (GTR) Opulent Blue Metallic
- SD card slot removed from Cadillac CUE
- (QC0) 17″ x 8.5″ (43.2 cm x 21.6 cm) 10-spoke ultra-bright machined finish wheels
- (RCV) 18″ x 8.5″ (45.7 cm x 21.6 cm) 7-spoke polished aluminum wheels
- (LFX) 3.6L V6, DI, DOHC, VVT engine
- (GM3) 3.45 ratio rear axle
- (MYA) 6-speed automatic transmission
- Exterior color (G1F) Cocoa Bronze Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (GA6) Moonstone Metallic (available at extra charge)
- Exterior color (GB8) Stellar Black Metallic (available at extra charge)
- (UVH) Surround Vision
- (N08) Fuel filler door, remote locking
- (RLI) 17″ x 8.5″ 10-spoke ultra-bright machined finish with dark painted pockets wheels (replaces QC0)
- (UHN) 18″ x 8.5″ 10-spoke polished aluminum wheels (replaces RCV)
- (KC4) external engine oil cooler on (LGX) 3.6L Gen 2 V6 engine with (V03) extra capacity cooling system
- (LGX) 3.6L Gen 2 V6, SIDI, DOHC, VVT engine with Active Fuel Management and automatic start/stop (replaces LFX)
- (M5N) 8-speed automatic 8-transmission on (LGX) and (LTG) engines (replaces MYA)
- Interior color (HHM) Light Platinum with Jet Black accents now includes Sapele high-gloss wood trim
- Interior colors (H0Y) Jet Black with Jet Black accents and (H2D) Light Platinum with Jet Black accents now includes Natural Sapele wood trim
- Cadillac CUE upgrades include improved system speed and performance, faster, more accurate map loading and voice command execution, faster service reprogramming, redesigned navigation interfaces, single press mute navigation voice/cancel route, expanded cities with 3D maps, route information and next maneuver and BT Media browsing
- (UDV) 12.3″ reconfigurable gauge cluster changed to a high-definition cluster with normally black background and new graphics
- (UVC) Rear Vision Camera now standard
- (LTG) 2.0L Turbo engine now includes automatic start/stop
- (HRD) 2.85 rear axle ratio now included with RWD (LTG) 2.0L Turbo engine (replaces GM3)