If you fancy yourself some type of wordsmith, and you love yourself some automobiles, you should look into joining our team. Let’s cut to the chase:
- Pay is per post, and based on experience.
- Your work will be exposed to over 1 million viewers (and growing) per month.
- This isn’t a leisurely blog job. Like any serious news outlet, we have deadlines, and we aim to crank out as much as possible. As our tentative business motto goes: “KILL THEM WITH CONTENT! (tentative)”
- There’s always something to write about, so work is steady and can take up plenty of your day. But you don’t have to wear pants if you don’t want to. Or even leave the basement.
- You will be at the bleeding edge of automotive news. In fact, you are the news.
- You will gain affectionate and loyal fans, and sworn enemies. Like every hero, legend and dictator.
- All applications are kept confidential. A wink to all you defectors out there.
Work demands include:
- High availability during the mornings and afternoons, M-F and sometimes weekends. If you have other commitments, let us know. We could be able to work around it.
- You will need the endurance and pace to produce around 8 posts per day, with a word count of around 150-250 words, on average. Those days of writing an article every two days are over, so boss up. Besides, the more posts you can produce, the more money for you.
- Self-motivation. There’s no office, and there’s nobody looking over your shoulder, so you need to be able to work well that way.
Subject matter will include:
- Covering breaking automotive news, model reveals and press releases.
- Reporting on general car culture.
- Motorsports and all that implies.
- Automotive business news.
- Original content.
Aside from writing skills and automotive knowledge, the following traits are desired (not required):
- Managing social media pages outside of your own personal Twitter or Facebook page.
- DSLR photography skills.
- Race track/autocross/motorsports experience.
- Technical/engineering experience or background to accurately report on engines, chassis dynamics and the like.
- A business/finance background to help accurately report on the complexities of OEM stocks and market analysis.
- Motorcycle experience/endorsement.
- Commercial drivers licence endorsement.
- Automotive detailing knowledge/experience.
- Extensive “green” knowledge, such as batteries, hydrogen fuel cells, etc.
- Recreational involvement in a particular car “scene.” Anything from tuned Hondas to off-roading in Jeeps.
We’re also accepting interns. So youths, if you need some experience in the field, don’t hesitate. Though if you have no interest in the auto industry, don’t bother. And we can tell if you’re faking.
For all those who are serious, please email either myself at gmauthority at motrolix dot com, and we’ll go from there.
- At least three writing samples. As recent as possible.
- A cover letter on why you want to work with us, and why you’re a good fit for the team. Show us some spunk!
- Your resumé. A relevant one. We don’t want to hear about the time you were with a landscaping company in 2007.
- Any references you may have. Non-fictional.