Are You Gonna Be There At The National Corvette Museum’s 20th Anniversary?0
It’s hard to believe the National Corvette Museum is celebrating its 20th anniversary this Labor Day weekend. When the museum opened, Corvettes were putting out only 300 horsepower from 350 cubic inches. If you wanted an automatic, you had to tolerate four forward speeds. We’ve come a long way since then . . . and you can count on a number of Corvette fans going a long way to Bowling Green because the National Corvette Caravan is going on at this very moment.
The kick-off to the August 27-30 celebration starts with thousands of Corvette enthusiasts from all over the world converging upon the Kentucky hamlet for three-plus days of “exciting Corvette lifestyle.” There have been around 30 caravans from all points USA and Canada, but you can bet they aren’t coming just to see a sinkhole − here’s some of the events going on:
- Grand Opening of the new NCM Motorsports Park
- Scheduled parade laps around the road course
- Many scenic self-guided road tours to choose from
- Special video presentations and seminars
- The annual open membership meeting
- The Lifetime/VIP dinner
- 10-year/15-year/20-year member recognition
- Ambassador Luncheon
- The “Corvette Hall of Fame” Induction Ceremony
- Banquet for the induction of John Heinricy, Jerry Burton, & Dave MacDonald − folks who have contributed to Corvette history
Registration is over for a lot of the events, but a lot of that is for the caravanners. Do you live within a day’s drive of Bowling Green? Visit the National Corvette Museum’s 20th Anniversary Celebration page to get the skinny of the goings-on.
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.