One year after receiving a fairly extensive midcycle refresh, Buick is giving its midsize Regal sport-luxury sedan a few changes for the 2015 model year.
To start, the 2015 Regal has quite a few deletions, including the Graphite Blue Metallic exterior color, HD radio capability, chrome-trimmed body-colored door handles, LPO-level 18-inch aluminum wheels, and the (rather handy) left-hand side net in the trunk. The midsizer then gets few peculiar changes that, if nothing else, seem to decrease the content value and luxury status of the Regal. These include replacing the 4-way driver and passenger power lumbar adjustment with a 2-way unit, substituting manual child security locks for power units, and changing the color of the column stock from Beige to Black on vehicles equipped with a Beige interior (so much for color-coordination).
On the new features side, the 2015 Regal gains the new Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic exterior color, Ebony seats with Saddle interior accents (which was aded for the mid-2014 model year), OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot, and a new combo bundle called the Experience Buick Package. In addition, the deletion of body-colored door handles with chrome accents means that all models now feature body-color door handles, and the deletion of HD Radio functionality from the IntelliLink system means that the radio can now only accept AM/FM/XM signals.
Check out the official RPO-level changes for yourself:
- Exterior color (GXH) Graphite Blue Metallic
- HD radio capability
- (SE4) 18″ aluminum wheels, LPO
- (D7A) Body-colored door handles with chrome accents
- Left-hand trunk side net
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Interior color (AGO) Ebony seats with Saddle interior accents (added mid-2014 model year)
- (PDU) Experience Buick Package, includes (CF5) tilt-sliding power moonroof and (IO6) Buick IntelliLink Radio with Navigation, AM/FM stereo and CD player
- (VV4) OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot capability
- (U2K) SiriusXM Radio replaces (U2M) SiriusXM Radio and HD Radio
- Body-color door handles are now standard on all models
- (APG) Driver power lumbar changes from a 4-way to a 2-way seat adjustment
- (APH) Front passenger power lumbar changes from a 4-way to a 2-way seat adjustment
- Child security rear door locks are now manual (were power in 2014)
- DLO and porthole finish changes from Satin to Bright on GS models
- Column stalk changes to Black on Beige interior (was Beige in 2014)