Since it’s (currently) the most expensive in the Buick lineup, one could say that the Enclave crossover is the flagship of the Tri Shield brand. And for 2015, the three-row full-sizer is getting a bevy of changes and updates following the refresh that took place for the 2014 model year.
The rather lengthy deletions list starts with the removal of the 1SD Convenience equipment group, the Cocoa perforated leather seating surfaces, HD Radio, and four colors — Cyber Gray Metallic, Crystal Red Tintcoat, Mocha Bronze Metallic, and Atlantis Blue Metallic. The 2015 Enclave also does away with three LPO-level wheel choices, the 17-inch compact aluminum spare wheel and tire, as well as the LPO rear seat DVD-based entertainment system and LPO noise cancelling headphones, with the latter being deleting mid-2014).
Joining the 2015 Enclave are four new exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Dark Chococalte Metallic, Midnight Amethyst Metallic, and Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, with the first three options being premium paints and thus requiring an additional charge. On the inside, the 2015 Enclave gets the very-useful heated steering wheel, illuminated door sill plates (as an LPO option), and a new interior color combination called Ebony (perforated leather-appointed seating) with Dark Plum (interior accents). In addition, the USB port has been moved down to the center console from the upper instrument panel — a change that should appease those who use their USB port on a regular basis. Notably, OnStar 4G LTE with Wi-Fi hotspot capability is absent form the new features list.
There are several changes to individual RPOs as outlined in the “Changes” section below, but two changes are most prominent: the 6.5-inch IntelliLink system is now standard on the 1SN Premium equipment groups, while the Bose Sound System with Bose performance-enhanced premium 10-speaker system is no longer available on 1SD Convenience equipment group.
Check out all of the RPO-level changes to the 2015 Enclave just below:
- 4V14526 AWD 1SD Convenience equipment group
- Exterior color (57U) Cyber Gray Metallic
- Exterior color (89U) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- Exterior color (GVU) Mocha Bronze Metallic
- Exterior color (GWY) Atlantis Blue Metallic
- Interior color (542) Cocoa perforated leather seating surfaces
- HD Radio capability
- (UJ5) Rear seat DVD entertainment system, LPO
- (S4Q) 20″ Ultra bright machined aluminum wheels
- (QD5) 17″ (43.2 cm) compact aluminum spare wheel and tire
- (VZR) 20″ (50.8 cm) 6-split spoke chrome wheels, LPO
- (VZS) 20″ (50.8 cm) 6-twin spoke flared chrome wheels, LPO
- (VZU) 20″ (50.8 cm) 12-spoke chrome wheels, LPO
- (S02) Noise Canceling Headphones, LPO (mid-2014 model year deletion)
- Exterior color (G1E) Crimson Red Tintcoat (additional charge – premium paint)
- Exterior color (G1F) Dark Chocolate Metallic (additional charge – premium paint)
- Exterior color (G1M) Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (G7U) Midnight Amethyst Metallic (additional charge – premium paint)
- Interior color (7I2) Ebony perforated leather-appointed seating with Dark Plum interior accents
- (UVD) Heated steering wheel
- (PEW) 20″ Ultra bright blade silver, machined painted aluminum wheels
- (S0M) Illuminated door sill plates, LPO
- Audio system RPO Code changes: (UG4) is now (UI6); (UGU) is now (UI4); (UGX) is now (UI7) and (UGY) is now (UI8).
- (UI8) Color Touch Navigation AM/FM/SiriusXM radio with CD player, IntelliLink, 6.5″ diagonal touch-screen display is now the standard audio system on 1SN Premium equipment groups (replaces [UG4] Color Touch AM/FM/SiriusXM/HD radio with CD player, IntelliLink, 6.5″ diagonal touch-screen display)
- (UI4) Color Touch AM/FM/SiriusXM radio with CD/DVD player, IntellliLink, 6.5″ diagonal touch-screen display is no longer available on 1SN Premium equipment groups
- (PCU) Bose Sound System with (UQA) Bose performance-enhanced premium 10-speaker system is no longer available on 1SD Convenience equipment group
- USB port has been moved from the upper instrument panel to the center console