2014 Cadillac ATS Gets A Few Changes, New Colors: RPO Central11
General Motors is making a few improvements, updates, and changes to the 2014 Cadillac ATS. Four colors from the 2013 ATS, including Crystal Red Tintcoat, Thunder Gray ChromaFlair, Glacier Blue Metallic, and Summer Gold Metallic, are replaced by three new hues, including Phantom Gray Metallic, Majestic Plum Metallic, and Red Obsession Tintcoat — with the two latter hues being extra cost colors.
In addition, the CUE and Navigation package now includes a 110V power outlet in the rear of the front center console, the Driver Awareness Pacakge and Driver Assist Package add IntelliBeam headlamps, and the rearview mirror is now the same awesome frameless unit we’ve come to know on the 2013 and newer Camaro. Outside of those changes, the 2014 ATS gets a slew of new 19″ wheel options, a newly-available sport-grille and rear trim with black chrome, and a thicker sport steering wheel in all vehicles equipped with the magnesium steering wheel paddles. Here’s the full RPO change list:
2014 ATS Deletions
- Exterior color (GBE) Crystal Red Tintcoat
- Exterior color (GLH) Thunder Gray ChromaFlair
- Exterior color (GWS) Glacier Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (GWV) Summer Gold Metallic
- (PCJ) Sun and Sound Package
- (RAO) Audio system, AM/FM stereo, dual USB ports, SD card slot and auxiliary audio port
- (ITF) Interface Auxiliary Device Connectivity
- (TSQ) Lighting accent, LED spotlights in doors and overhead console
- (UY4) Navigation system
- (Y64) CUE Infotainment System
- NOTE: (RAO), (ITF), (UY4) and (Y64) replaced by (IO3), (IO5) and (IO6)
2014 ATS New Features
- Exterior color (G7E) Red Obsession Tintcoat – available at extra charge
- Exterior color (G7Q) Phantom Gray Metallic
- Exterior color G7U Majestic Plum Metallic – available at extra charge
- 110V standard plug power receptacle, located in the rear of the front center console, added to the (Y26) CUE and Navigation Package
- IntelliBeam headlamp high beam auto control added to the (Y65) Driver Awareness Package and (Y66) Driver Assist Package
- (VEB) Pedal cover set, LPO
- (RJP) 225/35ZR19 front and 225/30ZR19 rear, Y-rated, summer performance tires, LPO
- (5XW) 19″ ultra-bright machined finish aluminum wheels with silver premium painted pockets, LPO
- (5XY) 19″ Manoogian premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
- (5XZ) 19″ gloss Black premium painted aluminum wheels, LPO
- (VNI) Black chrome rear trim, LPO
- (5XR) Sport grille, Black chrome, LPO
2014 ATS Changes
- Inside rearview mirror now frameless
- Thicker sport steering wheel included with all (KB7) Magnesium steering wheel paddle shift control equipped vehicles
- PEG lineup change as follows:
|2.5L RWD STANDARD||WAS 1SB||NOW 1SA|
|2.5L RWD LUXURY||WAS 1SC||NOW 1SB|
|2.0T RWD STANDARD||WAS 1SE||NOW 1SC|
|2.0T AWD STANDARD||WAS 1SF||NOW 1SD|
|2.0T RWD LUXURY||WAS 1SG||NOW 1SE|
|2.0T AWD LUXURY||WAS 1SH||NOW 1SF|
|2.0T RWD PERFORMANCE||WAS 1SJ||NOW 1SG|
|2.0T AWD PERFORMANCE||WAS 1SK||NOW 1SH|
|2.0T RWD PREMIUM||WAS 1SL||NOW 1SJ|
|2.0T AWD PREMIUM||WAS 1SM||NOW 1SK|
|3.6L RWD LUXURY||WAS 1SP||NOW 1SN|
|3.6L AWD LUXURY||WAS 1SQ||NOW 1SP|
|3.6L RWD PERFORMANCE||WAS 1SR||NOW 1SQ|
|3.6L AWD PERFORMANCE||WAS 1ST||NOW 1SR|
|3.6L RWD PREMIUM||WAS 1SU||NOW 1SS|
|3.6L AWD PREMIUM||WAS 1SW||NOW 1ST|
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Nice, Alex…not much new…like the addition of the gray on base colors. That frameless mirror sounds great…can it be added to older models?
I think it can… but only as long as the electric connection (for dimming plus OnStar functions) on the new frameless mirror is compatible with that of the 2013 model ATS.
As you said previously, a base white color should be available. Some don’t want to pay a grand for a “fancy” white 🙂
Alex, I agree about the white! I actually got white diamond paint on my ATS…got a good deal or I would never have done that…silver would have been just fine with the caramel seating.
Purple paint……………..Cadillac tried that before…..very odd choice for this car! How about bronze or racing green? Who chooses these things anyway?
Any interior color changes?
I would assume the designers realize finally that grays and dark silvers are harder to see when lights not in direct sight, also that not only macho hetero males are buying cars today.
Sounds like that thicker sport wheel is a no-go for the 3 pedal manual. Too bad! There is still a true 3 pedal manual right?
Yes, a manual is available on the ATS, but only on the 2.0T. Here’s to hoping the sport wheel makes its way to those models in short time, as there’s nothing more “sporty” than a stick and 3 pedals.
Hey Guys to ALL who own the ATS. I CURRENTLY Have a CTS Coupe . My lease is ending soon. Getting into the ATS love the car. Are u guys having any problems with The CUE System as stated by ALL reviews
Bob…I have ATS with base radio…works well but is very sensitive
Alex, will the 19″ wheels be the wheels from the cts-v