Corvette Racing’s Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner Win GT At Mid-Ohio1
Tommy Milner and Oliver Gavin piloted their No. 4 Corvette C6.R to victory of the GT class on Saturday at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge, recording their third win of the season. The triumph resulted in the pair taking the lead in driver standings with a hair-thin .283-second win over the No. 45 Porsche piloted by Joerg Bergmeister and Patrick Long.
The win also extended Chevy’s lead in the GM manufacturer championship standings and marks the eighth time Corvette Racing won at Mid-Ohio, albeit the first in the GT class after three consecutive runner-up finishes since 2009.
Meanwhile, the No. 3 C6.R driven by Jan Magnussen and Antonio Garcia was not as fortunate, finishing 13th after damage to the left-front tire wrecked the suspension. The car was running third with 20 minutes reaming before the incident that necessitated the Corvette crew to repair the damage in 12 minutes.
The top ten Mid-Ohio Sports Car Challenge GT Results include:
Position. Car Number – Drivers – Car – Laps
- 4 – Gavin – Milner – Corvette C6.R – 115
- 45 – Bergmeister – Long – Porsche 911 GT3 RSR – 115
- 55 – J. Mueller – Auberlen – BMW E92 M3 – 114
- 17 – Henzler – Sellers – Porsche 911 GT3 RSR – 114
- 56 – D. Mueller – Hand – BMW E92 M3 – 114
- 01 – Sharp – van Overbeek – Ferrari 458 Italia – 113
- 44 – Neiman – Holzer – Porsche 911 GT3 RSR – 113
- 02 – Brown – Cosmo – Ferrari F458 Italia – 112
- 48 – Miller – Maassen – Porsche 911 GT3 RSR – 112
- 91 – Wittmer – Farnbacher – SRT Viper GTSR – 111
The next race for Corvette Racing is the Road America Road Race Showcase at Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin on Saturday, August 18.
Image Credit: Tommy Milner
- Sweepstakes Of The Month: Win a 2023 Corvette Z06 Convertible. Details here.
Thats awesome! What happened to the 3 though?
But, ever since the ALMS switched to online and mostly just recap crap on ABC, I’ve been mostly watching the Grand-Am Series. And the Continental Tire Series is perhaps the best racing I’ve ever seen. It’s so awesome! Camaros vs Mustangs vs Porsches vs BMWs vs Subaru and even Nissan. Not to mention the ST class. The ALMS is great too, but the CTS is just soooo awesome. Any of you guys ever experienced it’s glory?