What do you do when consumers located in the state of Texas buy every one of six Chevrolet Silverado HD trucks on the market? You cater to them, of course. And that’s exactly what Chevy is doing to the Lone Star State by launching the Silverado HD Texas Edition — new for the 2012 model year.
The special trucks are available in 2500 or 3500 extended cab or crew cab models with the LT trim level. The 2500 HD models include:
- Unique Texas Edition badge
- 20-inch polished forged aluminum wheels
- Trailering package and automatic-locking differential
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Six-way power driver seat
- CD player with USB port, steering-wheel controls and Bluetooth for phones
- Power camper mirrors with integrated turn signals, fog lamps, and an EZ-Lift tailgate
- Chrome door handles, body side molding accents, and six-inch oval assist steps
The 3500 models have similar equipment, but the wheels are either 18s (on the single-rear-wheel models) or 17s on the duallys.
The GM Authority Take
These are all nice touches, but where are the cowhide leather seats with the patterned stitching?