The General has published the RPO codes for the 2012 Chevy Camaro — and it’s pretty much what we expected — no surprises here, folks.
As far as deletions go, the 2012 Camaro does away with the inside auto-dimming rear-view mirror as well as the Red Jewel Tintcoat and Synergy Green Metallic exterior colors (as well as Synergy Green interior accent panels).
Furthermore, the 3.6 liter LLT V6 is replaced by the more potent LFX of the same displacement that’s good for 323 ponies, the rear spoiler and RS tail lamps are now standard on all models, the door lock switches are now located on the actual doors (as well as the center stack), and the interior gets the much-debated update — usher in a new steering wheel and instrument cluster graphics. Also of note is the shark-fin antenna, which is now body-color on the Camaro Coupe when equipped with the RS package.
Finally, the 2012 model year makes the 45th Anniversary Package a reality, the suspenders on the Camaro SS get the much-awaited performance treatment, and the rear vision package includes rear park assist (previously part of the convenience and connectivity package), rear-view camera, and inside rearview auto-dimming mirror.
Like we said: no surprises, just a bunch of pleasant changes. But let’s not forget about the announcement from the Camaro Homecoming event, where Camaro Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser announced the availability of an automatic transmission ad Performance Traction Management for the ZL1. Now, how about them T-Tops for 2013?
- (GAQ) Red Jewel Tintcoat exterior color
- (GHS) Synergy Green Metallic exterior color
- (BDJ) Synergy Green accent panels
- (DBX) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror
- (LLT) 3.6L V6 engine
- 2LS Coupe (1EN37) model and equipment group for LS with 6-speed automatic transmission
- (H45) 45th Anniversary Package, includes (GAR) Carbon Flash Metallic exterior color, (CBM) Brilliant Red/Medium Charcoal Stripe Package, (R41) 20″ x 8″ front and 20″ x 9″ rear Deep Silver painted aluminum wheels, (AFP/AFQ) Black front seats with leather seating surfaces and 45th Anniversary embroidered logo, unique stitching on seats, headrests, steering wheel and shifter, (T4F) high intensity discharge headlamps, unique fog lamps and tail lamps bezel finish, and interior and exterior badging; Coupe also includes (BD8) body-color roof ditch molding; Convertible also includes (19T) Black convertible top
- (SRU) Rear Vision Package, includes (UD7) Rear Park Assist, (UVC) Rear Vision Camera and (DRG) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with rearview camera display
- (UVC) Rear Vision Camera, standard on all convertible models, 2LT and 2SS coupe and included in the (SRU) Rear Vision Package
- (DRG) inside rearview auto-dimming mirror with rearview camera display, standard on all convertible models, 2LT and 2SS coupe and included in the (SRU) Rear Vision Package
- (AKQ) front passenger, 6-way power seat adjuster standard on LT and SS models
- (LFX) 3.6L V6 engine with increased horsepower
- (FE4) Performance Suspension on SS Coupe models
- All wheel and tire RPO codes have changed, availability remains the same
- Rear spoiler (D80 on Coupe, T43 on Convertible) now standard on all models
- (UD7) Rear Park Assist is now a part of the (SRU) Rear Vision Package and no longer included in the (SRJ) Convenience and Connectivity Package
- Unique RS tail lamps from 2011 (dark lenses and chrome bezel) are now standard on all models
- Shark fin antenna on Coupe models is now body-color when the (WRS) RS Package is ordered
- New instrument panel design including new steering wheel and instrument cluster graphics
- Door lock switches also located on doors