As expected, the 2012 Caddy SRX will sport a few updates — the most notable of which is the replacement of the anemic 3.0 liter LF1 V6 (265 hp, 223 lb.-ft. of torque) with the potent 3.6 liter LFX V6 good for 300 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque.
As far as new features are concerned: a heated steering wheel is now part of the wood trim package, redundant door locks will be present on the driver’s door armrest, a set of new 20-inch premium painted wheels with a bright machined finish will make their debut, a bright-finish grille will make an appearance, and a D-Rings package for the U-Rail in the trunk will be available; the latter two features are LPO accessories sent to the dealer for final installation.
The updated SRX will, however, lose four exterior colors for the 2012 model year, including Imperial Blue Metallic, Platinum Ice Tricoat, Gray Flannel Metallic, and Blue Frost Metallic. Rounding out the changes are interior seating and trim materials, with the Ebony interior with Titanium accents becoming Ebony interior with Ebony accents, while leatherette seating surfaces will be replaced by leatherette seats with leather inserts.
The GM Authority Take
Surprise! After the discontinuation of the optional 2.8 liter turbo LP9 V6 in the 2011 SRX, the 2011 SRX came to carry only a single engine — the 3.0 liter LF1 V6. Initially, we were lead to believe that the 2012 SRX will offer both, the LF1 and the updated LFX as an option (in place of the 2.8 turbo).
Apparently, this will not be the case — as the LF1 is being deleted from the 2012 SRX entirely, leaving the LFX as the vehicle’s only (standard) powerplant. In other words, we get a more powerful engine in the same overall package. Take that BMW X5, Mercedes-Benz ML, and Lexus RX.
In any event, here are the RPO changes for 2012:
- Exterior color (GAP) Imperial Blue Metallic
- Exterior color (GBR) Platinum Ice Tricoat
- Exterior color (GBV) Gray Flannel Metallic
- Exterior color (GLF) Blue Frost Metalic
- (Q62) 20″ premium painted wheels
- (LFI) 3.0L VVT DOHC V6 Engine
- Exterior color (GTS) Xenon Blue Metallic
- Heated steering wheel added to (44F) Wood Trim Package
- Redundant door locks located on the armrest
- (RTG) 20″ premium painted wheels with bright machined finish
- (LFX) 3.6L SIDI DOHC V6 VVT Engine with (E85) FlexFuel (gas ethanol) capability
- (VAS) LPO, Grille, bright finish
- (5V1) LPO, U-Rail D-Rings Package
- RPO code for (PW2) 18″ painted wheels changes to (RT4). Wheel design does not change
- RPO code for (QF8) 18″ bright machined finish wheels changes to (RV1). Wheel design does not change
- RPO code for (P47) 20″ Chrome Tech wheels changes to (RTU). Wheel design does not change
- (AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Titanium accents changes to (AFA/AFC) Ebony interior with Ebony accents
- Leatherette seating surfaces replaced with leatherette seats with leather inserts
- RPO code for compact spare tire changes from (ZAA) to (ZCD)