Chevy just announced at the Chicago Auto Show the LSA-powered range-topping Camaro Z28 ZL1. Currently, rumor has it that a Camaro Z28 will make an appearance sometime next year and will be a lighter variant of the ZL1, filling the space between the 426 horsepower SS and the brand new range-topper.
Here are the preliminary specs of the 2012 Camaro ZL1:
- 550 horsepower 6.2L Supercharged V8 LSA engine, the same engine found in the Cadillac CTS-V
- 6 Speed Manual Transmission
- Heavy Duty Driveline
- Magnetic Ride Control
- Brembo Brakes
- Electric Power Steering
- Track Ready Cooling Systems
- Aggressive bodywork, including vented hood, “Transformers 3 style” bumper, special wheels
- New steering wheel and interior trim with nice silver accents throughout
Stay tuned to GM Authority’s coverage of the reveal from Chicago throughout the day and be sure to watch the announcement live for yourself at 9:15 am CST right here.