December 23, 2015 at 10:42 pm #113450
First time poster here so not sure how to start my own thread. I have a 2013 ZL1 Camaro and am having some troubles with mylink. I’m hoping someone can help.
Issue 1: Bluetooth audio streaming. I can pair my phone (iPhone 6s) and make/receive handsfree calls no problem. I cannot for love not money stream audio from my phone (mu music, spotify etc) to the cars audio system. I’ve looked all over the internet and i don’t seem to have the bluetooth icon on the home screen and it’s not available where you customise the menu either. There is a small blutooth icon in the top right hand corner of the screen but that’s the phone connection.
Issue 2: I used the USB port to connect my iPhone to the car audio. Messy and a pain in the butt, however it played my music and streamed spotify etc. Today it stopped working. I have reset my phone, unplugged, plugged and unplugged the cable from both the phone and the USB port, stopped and re-started the car to no avail. When I connect the device it beeps and receives power but the USB icon on the mylink screen remains un-highlighted and I cannot select it as a source. What’s happened and how on earth do I fix it?
Any suggestions greatly appreciated as this is bugging the crap out of me.
December 24, 2015 at 4:40 pm #113521
Hi @Reddells and welcome to GM Authority and thanks for posting!
Let me see if I can help:
1. It doesn’t sound like your Camaro is in the Bluetooth Audio mode. Let’s try this:
– Press the CD/AUX button until AUX is the active source.
– Press the MENU/SELECT knob
– Select Bluetooth Music Setup
After your iPhone has been paired, see if you can select “Bluetooth Audio” from the Aux source menu.
2. Try resetting the MyLink system. I’m not sure of the exact menu structure, but it’s under Settings. This will also delete any radio favorites and paired Bluetooth devices, so it might be best to do this first, and then do the Bluetooth Audio pairing.
Let me know if this help!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.