November 13, 2017 at 5:36 pm #180234
My 2003 Yukon Denali xl finally gave up on my way home from work. I got the Check Engine and Traction Control Alarms. The Console display was giving the following readouts. Stability System Disabled…… Reduce Engine Power…. Then I was stuck to 15 to 20 miles per hour all the way home. I got home and checked the codes.
1. P0171 Fuel System Bank 1
2. P0174 Fuel System Bank 2
3. P0102 Mass Air Flow
4. P1514 MAPP or Mass Air Flow
5. P1516 Throttle Actuator Control
6. P0120 Throttle Position Pedal Sensor
I replaced the following parts:
1. Mass Air Flow Sensor
2. Throttle Position Sensor
3. Throttle Position Sensor Plug & 12″ of Cable
4. New Battery
5. Relocated the Black wire ground behind the engine and landed it again.
6. Checked all other grounds. – They look good.
7. Pedal Position Sensor
8. Checked all fuses in the fuse control box in the engine compartment.
9. Added new air filter
10. Added fuel treatment.
1. P1125 Pedal Position Sensor
2. P0120 Throttle Position Pedal Sensor
Other Things I’ve done:
1. Gave the computer a hard reset by disconnecting the battery and the holding the +/- leads together.
2. Performed an engine idle retrain.
The Reduce Engine Power and Stability System Disabled read-out still comes in right away when I start the engine still. The idle was really high around 1000 but now it’s down around 600 to 700.
- This topic was modified 5 months, 1 week ago by SKH.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.